1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I found a woodshop!

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by ninefingerbass, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Would you believe that there is a woodshop on base that allows service members to use. It's combined with an auto hobby shop so I can work on my car too. I had no idea that this was even in existence. This whole time I've been saving up money and trying to acquire equipment so I can begin building. With this said I've decided that I'm going to start my building very shortly. The place is huge and has much more that I need. I thought I'd share this with some of you guys. Anyone else in here use a woodshop? Not your own.

2. Cool! Im jealous :D

3. PocketGroove82

PocketGroove82

Oct 18, 2006
    Chicago
    Gotta love all those (large and small) perks that come with being in the military. :)
    I'm no woodworker but I do love those free movies at on post theaters!

4. scottyd

scottyd Commercial User

Nov 17, 2006
    Waco Tx
    Builder/owner Redeemer Basses
    That's a great deal, and being that your're serving our country I believe you guys deserve small perks like that.

5. dozicusmaximus

dozicusmaximus

Mar 18, 2009
    Austin, TX
    where i was stationed. they had messed up hours hours of operation at the auto shop. i dont think they had a wood shop though.
    but you are in san diego, so that means a bigger base and more people. so they might have better hours.
    have fun, tear that place up

6. ljzimmer

ljzimmer

Oct 24, 2007
    That's where I'm building mine. The foreman at ours is great. Lots of help (when needed) and lots of encouragement. Ours is open afternoons and evenings during the week and during the day on Saturday.

I may try and cruise in today in fact!