I found another olympic bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tommygunn, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    So my first bass is Olympic bass. Which was a cheap houston brand back in the day.

I've never seen another one ever and you try googling olympic bass. :eyebrow:;):p

The guy wants $50 for it. I will go and try it out of course, but I'm kinda excited to own another one. haha Its not P/JJ like mine, but just plain pbass. But it is black and maple with a matching headstock like mine.

Thought I'd share.

Thanks.

2. I have a friend who has an Olympic P bass, are they a good instrument?

I was still fairly naive to the world of bass when I first played it and that has been awhile

3. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Wow!! Ive never heard that. Nobody on TB seems to know what they are. They are decent, I like mine. It had an excelent stock pickup that I ended up ripping out and putting in a bass I play more. So we'll see how much better/worse this one is.

4. jones972

jones972

May 8, 2020
    Here's my Olympic Bass. I think I bought in in 1986 . It's served me well for almost 35 years! 20200508_093150.jpg

5. Cool, I'm always amazed when someone discusses yet another brand of bass I'd never heard of.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021