Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I FOUND LOTS OF RECORDS!! YAY!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Stupidnick, May 29, 2002.

1. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    I found a bunch of records today
    um prolly 50 or 60.. late 70s early 80s punk/alt vinylls
    and stuff ive been looking for..
    some albums by
    the clash, Minute Men(YAY MIKEWATT), The Bezzilos, the saints, I found 2 dead milkmen vinylls, some Elvis Costello records... Pavement.. velvet underground... and some newer stuff tooo
    agnostic front... really really great stuff IMO... =D
    so im happy.. i just gotta get the record player out *HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY*

PS anybody wanna buy a neil young tape?? :D

2. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    My mom has around 300 old frisbee type things ;)

I would use them but I have no idea how to use the record player.

3. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Hmmm, I've got over 100 records in my loft, I've managed to get copies of most of them on CD now. I was quite happy with my record collection!

It's funny picture discs just aren't the same any more!!

It's been ages since I last played records - I've got about 6 albums next to the stereo just now. Before that it'd been even longer since I played any, and when I tried the first one, and it sounded funny I suddenyl remembered that you've got to set the speed right! Oooops!:D

4. I'm 19 and listen to the odd record...... plus records are coming back in, i have records of bands that released an album last year.. (cannot say the album title... it begins with C)

:D:D

Merls

5. I'm 19 and pretty much only buy vinyl. I asked for (and got) a record player last christmas (2001) and since then I've bought 34 vinyl albums, 10 12" singles and a few 45s.

Music sounds better when it scratches and pops.

6. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Analgoue music has it's place - kinda warm and cosey. But I must admit to have enjoyed going digital with music - even though it's too damned expensive!

7. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Used record shops and thrift stores are great ways to get more wax. Records are cool.

8. **** remasters...vinyl rules.

9. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    You know, I've heard that before. In fact, the last time I heard it was just a few weeks ago and I wondered how long it will be before we see CDs with "digitally added cracks, pops and hisses"?

10. I still wouldn't buy CDs. You scratch a CD and that's it, the thing won't play. You scratch a record and all you get is a bit of a pop or it sticks and you can still shift the needle on and still hear the music.

11. Not an issue if the CD is cared for. I have been buying CD's for 10 years and sratches havnt been an issue, the first CD I ever bought and my most listened to CD, 'Nevermind' is still perfect. Out of 200 or so CD's, only one or two have a problem with scratches, but on decent stereos they work fine. And the CD scratch repair stuff you can buy is actually pretty good.

I have about 100 records, I enjoy looking around for rare ones, I recently purchased a mono version of Bob Dylan's 'Freewheelin', a very rare find.
    Jim