I found my RJIV!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bottomdweller, Mar 15, 2003.

1. I have been looking for a Peavey RJIV for about 6monthes now.I owned one a couple of years ago and have always regretted getting rid of it.
    I originally got one in 1996,I think. It was sweet. Grayburst,neck thru,curved body,D tuner,active PJ pickups,bass,treble and mid controls,etc. The Randy Jackson model.(Journey,studio,producer,American Idol) But,I got GAS and sold it in Cincinnati-about 75 miles from where I live. Well,about 2 years later I saw an ad for an RJIV for $125. I called the guy,and it was the one I had sold. I know because I stripped the paint off the back of the neck. I bought it again. Well,I had money problems and sold it again to a local store. I had hoped to buy it back in a month or so. It didn't last a week. So,I have been keeping my eye out for one ever since. And have been actively looking for a grayburst one for a few monthes now. I find red and purple ones never gray. I walked into that same store a couple days ago and there it was. My exact bass,the one I sold. I got it for $250. It's kinda beat up. The battery lid is broken and it's dented and chipped but I got it. I will never lose possesion of it again. I jammed on it last night with some friends and it kicks ass.
    I think I am destined to own it. The pic isn't my actual bass,but it's the same model and finish. It's one of those "sleeper" basses. Great bass,but sort of unknown. Perfect for me...
  2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    Looks like that stupid saying about "if you love something set it free" actually works out once in a while! Enjoy the bass again.;)
  3. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    I think there might be one NOS at a local store here.
  4. Really? Hmmm...
    Let me know if there is. Thanks...
  5. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    aww how touching :p

You should have kept it in the first place.....the taxman can wait...so can the stomach man....and the GAS man......or whatever.

Oh well.....at least it is back where it should be.....and take some real pics, real pics are 200% more legit than non-real pics.....yep....