1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I Found my Sound Finally!!! (For now!)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Baird6869, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

After playing around with almost everything out there I have settled on the below setup. It seems to sound good with my Bongo, Lakland and Fenders (both active and passive).

Nice to finally not worry about tone or screwing around with pedals when playing....

Ampeg B2RE (I don't need more than 450W and I really like the sound of this head vs. other more expensive Ampegs)

Tech 21 SansAmp RBI

BBE Sonic Maximizer

MXR 10 Band EQ

Boss Chorus Ensemble

I use a MXR Auto Q for 2 funky songs, but don't change any other of my settings beside stomping on the one pedal twice.

Anyone else out there finally "found it"?

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Yeah that should get you through the weekend.

3. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    :D

4. zippydog

zippydog Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Chicago
    Whenever I lose my sound it always seems to turn up in the last place I go looking for it.

:p

Good stuff, Baird -have fun!

5. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    +1

6. steve21

steve21 Banned

You guys last all weekend?

7. i've lasted a few months...........:(

8. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I give myself a few months but I thought I would post about my newly found enthusiam!

BTW, my gui**** has played through the same Marshall amp and Gibson Les Paul and Flying V guitars for over 25 years.

He thinks I am a complete re (not gui) tard!;) :D But I liked when he recently told me my bass tone was really hurting him.:bassist:

9. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Congrats!

I just traded around and found my sound for a while. It'll run off again though, I'm sure.

Also, how do you like your BBE/what exactly does it do?

10. speak_onion

speak_onion

Jun 22, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Rarely. I woke up with the idea in my head to ditch all my pedals and just get use the Disnortion pedal into a rack with an Electrix Filter Factory and a Digitech RDS 3.6. It was just in my head when I woke up. Hmm. . . Filter Factory. . .

11. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I found my sound by playing gigs. I had the typical scooped mid sound that is great when playing alone but gets lost in a sea of guitar, drums and loud vocal monitors. Five years ago I put a Bartolini NTMB pre in my bass and discovered mids! Now I don't even use the eq on my amp I just set it flat and let the bass do the work. I get a nice round sound with a little bite and a lot of cut through.
    Now if I can only get my distortion sorted out.