Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I found the candy store of basses

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by leftybassdog, May 11, 2001.

1. leftybassdog

leftybassdog Senior Supporting Member

I found the candy store for basses and lefthanded at that !!!!!!!!!
    lefthanded spectors, Carvins YES new carvins !stingrays,sterlings,laklands,warwicks,fretless,new,used,4 string, 5 string, 6 string , it was like heaven ! and the salesman was Beaver Felton ! you have got to see this place, its in orlando Fl.and called bass central, now I can try a bass before I buy it, and im lefthanded , it was too cool !

info@basscentral.com

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    wait a minute, he´s a supporting member... but wait a minute, he´s advertising...

i´m confused, what should Jazzbo do?

3. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Beaver is a *little* more than just a salesman. He's co-owner and founder of the joint...he can also play a note or two on the bass.

4. Edgar

Edgar

Nov 4, 2000
    Montreal, QC, CA
    Are you Beaver Felton?

5. mchildree

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Umm...no....

I know that rumor's been rampant for years, but if you'd been around the Florida Top 40 Rock circuit in the early 80's, you'd have seen us in the same place a couple of times...so there's your proof!

He does help me dispose of my extra income on occasion, though :eek:

6. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    ROFL, that was a good one!

7. TonyS

TonyS

Dec 13, 1999
    USA
    Beaver, has relieved me of some disposable cash also. Great company to trade with, whenever I call for info they always take time to help. They consistently seem to have a nice selection of instruments in-stock. While I'm in Florida for business this Fall I'm gonna check out the store first hand. (After re-reading that first sentence it should be noted that it's, "Beaver Felton").

8. leftybassdog

I posted this for the information of where to find lefthanded basses in stock, lefthanded players cant walk in a music store and try basses, most stores have 1 or 2 pro basses in stock if any at all.as far as advertising this thread was not posted for anything more then to inform my brother bass players of a great store to find rare basses and try them ,

9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Did you ask Beaver to double thump and pop for you? When that guy busts, he SMOKES!!!

Too bad Gard isn't here....yet.

10. mchildree

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    When Gard gets here, we need to ask him if he's ever been present when Beaver and Dave LaRue have a headcuttin' in the store.... That would scare the **** outta me.

11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    .....YO!!!

Bass Central n da haus!!! :D

Hey there bandrb2000!!! Have ya been to visit us yet? If not, make the drive - we got plenny o'lefties on the wall, and a few more hiding in boxes/cases.

And trust me, Beaver & Co. have managed to relieve me of a great deal of not only disposable but also NON-disposable income! :eek: Still working off the NS upright (but believe me, it's worth the effort!!!).

Hey Mike, how's that Raven Labs MDB-1 working out? If you decide to sell it again, we got 2 in stock when you realize you shouldn't have...again ;) Oh, and no, I haven't watched a "headcuttin' contest" between Dave and the Beav, I don't think I'd want to witness that, I'd probably sell my basses for kindling wood and start a new career at the Burger King up the street!!!! But, I did have the incredibly humbling experience of having Dave tell me I was gonna trade solos with HIM whilst studying with him a few years back :eek:.

And TonyS, that Beaver has relieved ALL us males of disposable income in one way or another, hasn't it? ;) Hope I'm around when you are in for a visit, it's always good to put a face to a name from here. Met ka-tet a few weeks ago, great guy, and great player as well!

12. Speaker of Beaver, has any one seen his videos?

I see them around but never new if they were any good.

13. mchildree

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Working out great! I had a gig on Thursday night where I used an active Lakland, a passive Lakland, and an upright...all through the same amp, and had matched volumes! That's pretty extreme for a little white box. Ju No See Me Sell Deez One!

14. man, i want a good bass store!! :(

15. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    you and me... i want to go to Bass Northwest (of course i need passport and lots of cash :))

16. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Excellent, now we gotta find something else you can't live without.....hmm.....

.....gettin' tired of luggin' that upright around? Howz 'bout a nice NS Design US5??? List at $6K, gimme a call I'm sure we can work out a killer deal for ya!!!! ;) Lots easier to get in the car, trust me! :cool:

17. leftybassdog

Gard, I have a trip set to look at a lefty stingray 5 this week, I talked to grasshopper about it on friday, looking forward to it !

18. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Good deal, lemme know what day you're gonna be in (PM me or somethin'), and even if I ain't on the schedule I'll try to drop in and say hey. If ya come in on a Sat, you'll likely meet two fellow TB'ers - in addition to myself, Dirty Road Cola also works there on Sat's (y'all ask him 'bout his new toy, he's so proud.... ;) )

19. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Hey Gard, I just ordered my new Alembic MK standard through you guys at BC, Beav cut me a great deal. Tryin to talk my wife into a trip to Orlando. She thinks it's to see the Mouse's House. Little does she know (Insert evil laugh). Seriously, I'd love to stop by if I get down that way.