Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I found the one!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jpsexton, Apr 24, 2004.

1. jpsexton

jpsexton

Apr 12, 2004
    I posted about a week ago about ordering an Ibanez Roadgear bass to replace a stolen 16 year old jazz bass. Well I sent it back. It was ok but I did'nt like the neck and the active electronics were loud but kinda muddy. I had played every jazz bass within a few hundred miles and had all but given up on finding one untill today. I bought a Geddy Lee Signature Jazz! :hyper: As soon as I took it off the rack I knew this was the one. I'm not usually a fan of signature instruments but this is the best playing jazz bass I've ever felt. I think it's actually better than my old one! :D

2. :hyper:

Congrats jpsexton!!!

Nice to hear a happy ending to the story! Have fun with the new jazz and make much good music :cool: .

:D :)

3. Good stuff. Geddy Lee is the man, and I wish I had one. I have a Fender MIA, same color, except rosewood instaed of maple fretboard. My first bass (and I still have it) was an Ibanez Roadstar II. Nothing against my MIA J-bass or Gibson T-bird, but great to mess around with. Congrats!! :cool:

4. I've just ordered an RD600, the new one this year. I'll let you guys know how I get on with it. Seymour duncan PUs, maple facing, active EQ, and headstock designed by a 5 year old I should think (OK OK it's not PC; I retract it). Anyway I'll let yer know in week.