1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I found the one!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jpsexton, Apr 24, 2004.

1. jpsexton

jpsexton

Apr 12, 2004
    I posted about a week ago about ordering an Ibanez Roadgear bass to replace a stolen 16 year old jazz bass. Well I sent it back. It was ok but I did'nt like the neck and the active electronics were loud but kinda muddy. I had played every jazz bass within a few hundred miles and had all but given up on finding one untill today. I bought a Geddy Lee Signature Jazz! :hyper: As soon as I took it off the rack I knew this was the one. I'm not usually a fan of signature instruments but this is the best playing jazz bass I've ever felt. I think it's actually better than my old one! :D

2. :hyper:

Congrats jpsexton!!!

Nice to hear a happy ending to the story! Have fun with the new jazz and make much good music :cool: .

:D :)

3. Good stuff. Geddy Lee is the man, and I wish I had one. I have a Fender MIA, same color, except rosewood instaed of maple fretboard. My first bass (and I still have it) was an Ibanez Roadstar II. Nothing against my MIA J-bass or Gibson T-bird, but great to mess around with. Congrats!! :cool:

4. I've just ordered an RD600, the new one this year. I'll let you guys know how I get on with it. Seymour duncan PUs, maple facing, active EQ, and headstock designed by a 5 year old I should think (OK OK it's not PC; I retract it). Anyway I'll let yer know in week.