Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I found the right bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LimpyBizkit397, May 1, 2001.

1. Red

5 vote(s)
    7.6%
  2. Black

14 vote(s)
    21.2%
  3. Blue

6 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Green

5 vote(s)
    7.6%
  5. Yellow

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. Sunburst and all different colors of sunburst

14 vote(s)
    21.2%
  7. White

4 vote(s)
    6.1%
  8. Pink

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  9. Purple

4 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Other (like sparkly and other colorrs like teal or mixes)

10 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. I finally figured what kind of 5 string bass im gonna get. I'm getting a ernie ball/musicman stingray 5 and a ernie ball 4 string too. Now if only I culd figure out what colors I want. Do you know any places that sell PINK basses. Because that would be really cool. (don't worry i'm a girl)

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Hey, as long as your buyin all those Stingrays, pick me one up too, will ya? :) I don't think it's a matter of a store SELLING pink basses, it's really a matter of companies PRODUCING pink basses, which I don't think Ernie Ball does. You could get it custom finished after you bought it, though. Just don't get a black bass. I hate black basses. So cliche. But that's just me, you can do whatever you want.

3. but otherwise great for me!

Now, this one's gotta be one of the best
    [​IMG]
    Isn't it beautifully

4. duff_hodges

duff_hodges

May 15, 2000
    Suffolk, UK
    I voted blue in the poll because I once saw an Aria bass in a shop which was a beautiful shade of blue and ever since then I've always wanted it. Its a shame that I have lack of cash; doesn't everybody!!!

5. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I'm partial to bursts, and any finish that let's you see the wood. Davy0, that MM is nice man.

6. FLEABITE

FLEABITE

Apr 13, 2001
    Kent, England.
    Personally, I hate sunbursts so I voted red cos every bass I've owned has been red even though blue is my favourite colour.

7. i voted green, because thats the color they show the bass in on thier site.

orange, might look great on the web but you really have to see it in person. they had one in GC and as soon as you walked in the trans. orange and the trans. gold are the first things you notice, and not in a good way.

8. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Count the knobs.

9. sorry if i gave the wrong impression; I don't have the bass, I really really like the finish. My picks are 'burnt apple' (the one in the pic) and really anything transparent.

10. Haloflash :D

11. John Deere green

12. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Limpy - This place has exactly what you're looking for, click on the products link for the bass www.daisyrock.com

You can check out the "Artists" link to see who is using them.

13. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    ~shudder~

14. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    so..if they have girl guitars will they make guy guitars too?

it'd be a big...nevermind.

:D

jason

15. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    Personally I like the translucent colors best so I can see the wood grain. I've always suspected that the ones that don't make the grade as a translucent color, stain or clear (natural) are basically seconds. They lay the primer on heavy to fill the flaws and sell second as top grade opaque color.

16. ????

17. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I'm sorry, but the thought of a John Deere green bass just scares me... I can just see the yellow logo on it, too... yuck.

18. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

...And it shallow cuts alfalfa or sorghum with ease.

Check it out at your local co-op. And while you're there, be sure to check out the fine line of diesel bass amplication from Massey-Ferugson.

19. Actually, Im tryin to locate a John Deere sticker to put on my John Deere green P bass. I have a matching hat and I wear a lot of flannel, so its only logical. :D

20. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Now that would be cool :cool:

I like tobacco sunbursts myself, smoke cigars now and then so.. what kind of hat and sticker I need?
    Cohiba perhaps?