Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I found the sound! Aguilar DB750

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SoyBase, May 29, 2002.

1. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Well, It came in yesterday. My new Aguilar DB750. I've had a problem for a while finding the right sound. Either the lows werent low enough of the highs were too twangy. My Mesa 400+ and SWR Sm400s cant even match this thing.

I plugged it into my Eden 410xlt and 115xlt with the eq flat and my Stingrays finally came to life! The only words I can describe for this amp is warm, creamy and LOUD! The lows are very tight and defined while the highs, even with the bright switch on, arent too "in your face" but just right. My other amps were too bright in the high-mids to highs. The DB750 puts them right where its pleasing to the ear. I actually had to bump the bass on the eq back a little at first because I wasnt used to having that much! I found that with the headroom I now had, I could easily bump the mids back some and get the smooth, defined bass that I wanted.

Thank goodness for the Musicians Friend credit card! I couldnt afford this thing without it..(the only drawback so far)
    I highly recommend trying one of these out if you've had trouble dialing in your tone.
    Im a believer now. I may sell off the Edens and get the GS410 and GS115...

Do they make antacids for this kind of GAS?

Thanks
    Tommy