i found "the" sound last night at practice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steve-o, Aug 22, 2003.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i used my dads crate all tube guitar head.
    100 watts. and it sounded amazing with my two cabs or just one. the lowend was just perfect. and i was able to dial in the perfect distortion clean ratio. the tube head with my ric just fit together......

and it was loud!!!!!! i didn't even have it half way or it would drown out everyone with no problem....

should i get a tube head now??? im just looking for an excuse to go buy a new head.

which head would yo recomend. im in a punk/metal/ska band. and i play some other styles as well just not in this band.

suggest away but don't forget to say why you choose the head..

2. Hmm... if you liked the guitar amp tone you might try just buying a guitar tube head :meh:

And if you think 100W might not be enough you could check out the Crate BV300HB :eek:
  3. rdkill

Jan 20, 2003
  4. mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    my guitarist friend left his Fender Hot Rod Deluxe here, 40watt all tube 12"

tested out the amp on a bass.with the friends urging.. turned it on at 1 and was amazed to realize how high it would go and sound great punchy and clean..amazing fat tone with my roundwounds, the speaker didnt sound like it was stressing at all even at 70% volume

i normally wouldnt recomend jamming that loud on just any guitar amp.. youll likely blow the speakers if you dont pay attention be careful! if it works, depending on the amp it can sound very warm
  5. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    want some real fun?
    try plugging your bass and cabinets into a marshal 100 watt plexi head
    nasty loud devil tone from hell