Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I get to go to...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. An Elton John Concert on November 8th, 2003 :D My mom and her friend Terry who always go got tickets earlier (rocket tickets, meaning front row, best seats in the house tickets) and the normal tickets just went on sale this morning at 9 and she got one for me and my friend Leslie (Terry's daughter) :D

I can't say I'm a big fan of his music, but he is one hell of a pianist and his band rules!

Just thought I'd share that all with you :D ~ Ty

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    good for you. be sure to post an indepth review :)

3. I'll try my best JT ;) Don't forget to get me a video of you guys playing sometime :D Oh, and send a copy to Eric Cioe while your at it, just so he doesn't get jealous ;) ~ Ty

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  5. GOOD FOR YOU TY-BUDDY! :D

6. Mike, if your opinion is going to be negative, please keep it to yourself. Obviously you can't get around the fact that Elton John is homosexual to see that he is a great musician, so please, don't comment.

Thanks Jon.

~Ty

7. Man...you shouldn't of even brung it up:meh:

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    I just said it was gross. i didnt say it was cause he is gay. i have nothing against him being gay. i just dont like him.

Get that tree out of your Hole, tyler.

(oh... a pun)

edit... i should add a ;) just so you know its all in good fun,,, so...

;)

9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Oh, and there is no such thing as a negative or positive opinion, merely different opinions.

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Elton John is gay? When did this happen?

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Anyway, the Elton John concerts I've been to have been the best I've seen, and I've seen a lot. His sound people are the best, and he plays all night.

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I believe it was after he started hanging out with that unsavory "George Michaels" character.

13. Atleast I know that it should be good, got some reassurance from my mom and her friend and now you ;) My mom told me that she can get a bit "wacky" at the concerts, so luckily Leslie and I get to sit AWAY from them :D

14. My friend. And don't get any ideas, she is somewhat like my sister since she is always over here and I've known her since I was born. Plus, she has a boyfriend ;)

15. ...I don't care about your two relations....say,does she like Afghani's with pop-star mothers?;) *straightens tie*

16. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well...he's written a lot of popular songs and some pretty good ones in the past, but I've always thought of his piano playing as very ordinary and really subsidiary to his singing/songwriting. :meh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.