1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I got a big problem. Need some real help.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Yngwie 4String, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Banned

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    I met this girl 2years ago in my freshmen year of college and we became really close friends. At the time she was engaged and had a child with this one dude. I met him and became friends with him also. They moved away for a year but we stayed in touch over the phone. Anyway they have now moved back to Peru and are going back to college. She is in my social psychology class and naturally being friends we sit by each other all the time. She is now married to this guy.

Now the problem is that she has expressed sexual interest in me, and things with her and her husband are not going very well at all.

I had lunch with the two of them yesterday and they didn't say a word to each other. She just talked to me while he read a book and was silent.

After lunch I walked outside with him and I asked him why he was so obviously pissed. He just answered by saying "how can I not be pissed?" I asked him if he wanted to talk about it or if I could help him out with something. He told me not to act like I know what hes dealing with, very defensively. I told him I didn't know what he was dealing with but even if he just wanted me to listen and not say anything I was there. He declined.

About this time she joined up with us outside and we had to depart for classes. The again didn't speak to each other. What can I do to help them?

2. Recommend they get family counseling, and otherwise be STRICTLY neutral. Take no sides, let them sort it out.

And keep hands off the girl. The potential for big problems with you right in the middle is much too great....not to mention lawsuits.

3. Stay away.

The only time you should get between a guy and a girl is when you're in line for popcorn.

(what?)

4. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Stay away from this one. You can't help on either end of this marriage. If you have to, listen but give zero advice. Don't touch the girl. Regardless of what the TV might tell you, affairs are ugly, period.

5. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Banned

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    I'm not gonna touch the girl guys. Even I have that much decency.

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Epic lol.

7. If you want to help your best bet is to stay out of it.

Maybe I am wrong, but from personal experience its never a good thing get involved in a friends relationship troubles. Im not just talking about staying away from the chick either. Do not discuss it with her or him for that matter. If she brings it up tell her that it it obvious that they have some issues and that they need to iron it out on thier own. And that you don't feel comfortable talking about it.

Otherwise this whole thing could turn into a mess and you don't want any part of that.

8. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Go to Vegas and watch what the blackjack dealers do when they leave a table. They clap their hands over the table, flip them over so the eye in the sky can see that they are empty, and walk away. I suggest you do the exact same thing.

9. See, that's why this guy gets all the ladies.

10. stay neutral and dont get too into it otherwise youll get sucked in.

11. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    run away, its not wise to get mixed into something like that.

12. steve21

steve21 Banned

I laffed.

13. Way Off Bass

Way Off Bass

Jul 30, 2008
    Boone, NC
    EZ Music Co.
    are you romantically interested in her as well? if so, you should tell her how you feel, and wait until it is over between them. if not, you guys are friends

14. wazzel

wazzel

Dec 27, 2007
    Houma, LA
    Stay out of it. If you are forced to listen, just nod and give no advice. Hands off the girl.

15. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    run. If the marriage is going south, sooner or later you may be dragged into it whether you are guilty or innocent.

16. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    no win situation...stay out of it...

17. ElephantTalk

ElephantTalk

Jan 20, 2005
    Indy
    Oh, yeah...wait for the rebound......Giggidy!

18. I would just go to Vegas :hyper:

19. The dude is genius. Not a proud genius, but genius nonetheless.

:)

Follow said advice, let the situation work itself out as it will, without your input or advice or interaction.

When it all settles out, tag her.

:hyper:

:smug:

20. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Banned

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    I was initially when I met her, but she is my friends wife, and I kinda hit the mental off switch because of that. No I'm not gonna go after her.