I got a free bass! joy!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, Mar 16, 2002.

1. well, i don't have it in my possession right now, but my mom told me that my uncle stopped by our house and dropped off an old bass for me. apparently it says Aria Pro II "The CAT" Bass on the headstock. sounds kinda cheap to me, but does anybody have a pic of one of these, or any info? she's going to bring it to me when she comes to visit for easter.
  2. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    I played one of those a few months ago.I liked i alot.If I'm correct it kind of looked like a Gibson SG(maybe im talking about a different bass,but i know it was an Aria).It had low action,tight string spacing,and a comfortable neck.I think it was wide,but the part where you rest your palm on was thin.ENJOY!

If you don't like it,you can always sell it or mod it,or give it to me.
  3. yeah, if the electronics aren't junk, i might put the effort into making it fretless.
  4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    The Aria Pri Cat series was part of Aria's entry level instrument. They're probably on par with Ibanez's SR 4 or 500 serieses. They were produced in the early to mid-80's.
  5. Congrats! Any way up - it's a free bass!
  6. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Are the Ibanez SR4 the cheap ones or the OK ones?I thought the Aria was much better than the lowest soundgears.But then again i'm not really sure what soundgear your talking about.:)
  7. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
  8. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Freebassing?! You should be ashamed of yourself!
  9. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
  10. HA! now that's comedy. :D
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Actually, I've seen one...I think my Bass teacher has something rather simmilar. Nice bass, if his is any indication..
  12. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    it has a p-pickup in the shape of a std. humbucker?

[and i think mr. labonte can make ANY bass sound good, brendan.]
  13. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I was thinking of the 400 series.

Maybe they're closer to the 800 series, but I wouldn't rate them much higher than that.