Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got a GBE600

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 69Jazz, Feb 24, 2006.

1. 69Jazz

69Jazz Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Athens, AL
    I tried out a GBE 600 last weekend at a gig. I liked it so much that I had to buy it. I got it new from a local dealer for $600 plus tax. It is hard to believe that this thing is only 425 watts into 4 ohms. The sound is incredible through my Eden D410T and Son of Bertha.

2. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Congratulations on purchasing one of the best bass amps on the market!

That price is a steal! I guess they can get away with that because it's discontinued now.

Yes, it is very powerful. The power in the GBE line is amazing. It's loud, very loud. And very tight at the same time. Through a SOB and an Eden D410T cab, that's got to be crazy loud!

:bassist:

3. 69Jazz

69Jazz Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Athens, AL
    The place I bought it from is moving, so he is selling his inventory at half off of list. Sell rather than move.

4. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution
    Congratulations and thank you for your support. Even though we have the GBE1200 I'm still gigging with the GBE600.

Please let me know if you need any assistance.....I'm always here or at HCBF.

5. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    I myself have a GBE 400 and a NEOX 212, LOUD and the sound/tone quality is excellent. yes i have tossed the idea around of selling it ( had it for sale here for awhile) due to changes in life direction, I still love it and have decided to just shelve it for awhile. Could I have saved some money buying a different brand, yes, buying a comparable qaulity product,no.

Genz Benz products are terrific pieces of equipment. They are worth checking out.
    Their customer service is second to none as well!

6. Sako

Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    congrats! did you get the option 4 button footswitch too?

i just ordered a GBE600 from a retailer having a moving sale, maybe its the same one. and i was seriously considering buying peter's genz benz!

i can't wait to get this amp. next, i'll have to buy some cabs -- a 210 and a 112 -- as soon as i sell my combo.

7. Shawnost

Shawnost It's all about the Hamiltons baby! Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    Congrats on the GBE600. I recently switched to Genz Benz myself getting a GBE1200 for an absolute steal. The quality of the build/sound is outstanding.

Shawn

Sako: Where in CLT are you located?

8. Sako

Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Another Charlottean! PM sent.
    -Shawn

9. 69Jazz

69Jazz Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Athens, AL
    I only got the 2 button footswitch with it. I really don't think I need the 4 button switch. I am generally a set it and forget kind of guy. Once I get what I want dialed in, I don't even want to think about touching the amp. If everything is working right, about the only thing I ever do in a gig is roll off or add a little bridge pickup on the jazz.

10. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    What's HCBF?
    Inquiring minds and all...

thanks, chef

11. lame(B)ass

lame(B)ass

Jun 18, 2004
    Slovakia
  12. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Thanks!
    I guess I knew there was such a thing. I've read gear reviews over there, never looked at the forum. Dang, that's huge.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread....

13. I just picked up a GBE600 from sethlow3. So far I am very impressed. I can't wait to get it out and gig it with my 1210. :hyper:

14. Billy-Bob

Billy-Bob

Nov 4, 2005
    So Cal
    I must have missed the discontinuation of the GBE 600. What is replacing it? I am very happy with mine and my Neox 2-12 cab.

Billy-Bob

15. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    The GBE750.

The GBE750 is more like a 1200, whereas the GBE600 was more like the 400.

The GBE750 is a two-rackspace amp, with eq for each channel. It also weighs about eight pounds more than the GBE600. It looks just like a GBE1200, just a little bit smaller and more compressed. It also has a bit more power.

For more information: http://genzbenz.com/?fa=detail&mid=1994&sid=422&cid=95

16. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    hey 69 was that the 600 at t shepard's? i was wondering where that went to. who do you play with? if i get a chance i'd love to check out the amp on a gig.

17. Billy-Bob

Billy-Bob

Nov 4, 2005
    So Cal
    WOW! Thanks for the update.

Billy-Bob

18. 69Jazz

69Jazz Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Athens, AL

That would be the one. I have been playing with a cheesy lounge kinda band out of the Scottsboro area called Big Nose Roy. As of the last few weeks I have also been jammin' with the band formerly known as Haze. As soon as the new thing gets ready to play out, I'm sure it will be posted on the Toe.

19. Rhythmbug

Rhythmbug

Jan 22, 2006
    London UK

Please post a review when you try them! That is the new rig I have in mind!