1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I Got A Great Deal at GC Today

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jwsamuel, Jun 30, 2007.

1. jwsamuel

jwsamuel

Apr 26, 2004
    I went to my local Guitar center this morning to get some acoustic guitar strings. As soon as I walked in the door, I saw a 2006 Fender MIM sunburst Standard Jazz bass marked down to $150. There was nothing wrong with it except for one missing knob. I have been thinking about buying a Standard Jazz, so I thought this would be a great deal. Then I looked behind it and saw a Fender Highway 1 Jazz bass for $425. Another great deal and there was nothing wrong with it, so I thought I'd get that instead.

But then, I looked to the right and saw a black Fender American Jazz Bass with a clearance price of $400. I looked it over carefully and there was nothing wrong with it except for a mismatched knob. Then I looked more carefully and noticed it was not a mismatched knob, it was the S1 switch.

So, I ended up getting a new, 2006 Fender American Jazz bass in black for $400. I think that's a pretty good deal.

Jim

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Odd. Great deal.

3. Foxworthy925

Foxworthy925 Guest

Feb 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    amazing luck! wish that kind of stuff happened to me...

PICS!

4. Helluvatim

Helluvatim

Sep 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    Jim, I would have felt compelled to give all 3 beauties a new home, so you get points for self control. You found a killer deal!

5. jwsamuel

jwsamuel

Apr 26, 2004
    They are open until midnight tonight. I am seriously considering going back to see if they are still there.

On the acoustic guitar front, I missed a really great deal. They had a Gibson SJ-100 acoustic, regular price $2079 with case, for $600 without case. I was going to get that too but someone beat me to it.

Jim

6. always look in the back...there might be a diamond in the rough...good job.

7. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    holy crap thats an amazing deal...have fun playing it!

8. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    That's a GREAT deal. Post pics! :)

9. gahpg

gahpg

Jun 30, 2007
    Brookfield IL
    I wish I saw that many good deals whenever I walked into GC.

Congrats!

10. Great news!!!

get the ot repaitred and you have yourself a lifetime of fun on the bas ahead!!!

11. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    So there are two more GREAT deals just sittin' there......

Where is this GC?

12. jwsamuel

jwsamuel

Apr 26, 2004
    It's the GC across from the Oxford Valley Mall in Bucks County, PA.

Jim

13. Ugh. I grew up near that mall and I am still not that far from it now. If only I hadn't already got my SX bass, I would be all over that MIM Jazz.

14. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I'm not far away from there. Might they be five strings or are they fours?

Please be fours. If they're fives, I may be in trouble :help:

15. steve21

steve21 Inactive

I think we're missing something important here.

No pics no black 2006 Fender MIA jazz bass.

And... maple or rosewood?

16. jwsamuel

jwsamuel

Apr 26, 2004

Everything I saw was four string. Of course, the Cherry Hill store may have five strings in stock. I am going to be in that neighborhood tomorrow.

Jim

17. paulorr

paulorr

Apr 5, 2007
    I see Bain Capital just bought Guitar Center on June 27 for $2.1 Billion. I wonder if they are trying to liquidate some inventory?

18. jwsamuel

jwsamuel

Apr 26, 2004
    Every 4th of July they do this. It's the time they clear out discontinued stuff and stuff they are no longer planning to carry.

Jim

19. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Did you get anything free? My friend showed me the promotion where they were giving away free stuff with every purchase, but I didn't get a chance to go over there myself.

20. anonymous_111514

anonymous_111514 Guest

Oct 24, 2006
    ugh! im about 30 minutes from that gc. too bad im lefty and already have a MIM jazz

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021