Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got a Korg AX1B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by VictorLeMonteWooten, Dec 29, 2000.

1. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    I love my new AX1B. It has all the effects i'll ever and never need (may not be highest quality, but thats okay for now) It also has a bunch of cool features. using the output jack, i can connect headphones and just walk around the house with my bass and headphones on with my korg AX1B duct taped to my back.

2. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    I've had a Korg AX1B for awhile now and found it good for the money. I don't use a lot of effects when I play out, but I wanted something to play around with at home.
    I hate trying to hit two buttons at the same time to bypass it, so I decided to completely reprogram mine so I wouldn't have to do that. Using the EDIT function, I programmed in only effects that I really need, and put blank programs between them. I only have 15 effects (separated by 15 blank spaces), but that is more than enough for me, and is much easier to find. I don't use the expression pedal at all, so I programmed it out.
    I need to build a little housing for it out of wood, because I don't think it would survive long on the road by itself.

3. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    I'm just going to use mine for at home usage. How do you use the tuner if you don't use the bypass? One one program, i've been able to have distortion, octave effect, equalizer, autowah, volume, and reverb at once, but can you use multiple programs at once? Lets say i wanna use chorus, autowah, and bender. I can't use all of those because it shuts off one channel if i want the other, so i wondered if i could use multiple channels at once.

4. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    I think you can only use the tuner when it is bypassed. You can't use more than one program at once, but it is pretty easy to EDIT a new patch or tweak one of the presets. The only thing is that some of the MOD and PEDAL sections can't be used at the same time, so you have to choose which you prefer. I would recommend sitting down with the manual and trying some new patches of your own. Choose a preset that you don't like and make a new one. If you screw up, there is a way to reload the presets.