I Got A New Bass Today!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, May 12, 2001.

1. I just went and picked me up a brand spankin' new Ibanez BTB1005. It is awesome! To bad I can't play that crazy 5 stringed thing worth a rip. Oh well, I'll get used to it soon enough.
  2. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    Congrats on the new bass. Put down your 4 string...
    well until you get the B string thing down. Have fun!!
  3. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Cool, I've heard many good things about BTB's, but I've never actually tried one. I've played Ergodynes and Sound Gears. I've heard many people say that the BTB's are better than the Ergodynes, and I thought the Ergodynes were nice... hehe...

Good luck with getting adjusted to the 5's.
    I doubt it'd take much longer than a week. (providing you play/fool around once a day)
  4. Bassr64

Feb 9, 2001
    Congrats on that new bass. I played on of those yesterday and really liked it; nice tight B-string.
  5. p0w3rman5ooo

Aug 27, 2000
    I fidn it hard to slap the E string with a five string.
  6. The BTB is the best bass I have ever played. Everything about it is just right. The B is very tight and gets exactly the sound I like.

If your shopping for a new bass be sure to check this one out.
  7. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

3 words my friend...

You'll get used to it, but only one way....through practice.
  8. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Congrats.. i play 4 and a 5 for my band so dont' worry.. you'll get the hang of it

9. Tuomas

Mar 14, 2000
    Helsinki, Finland
    Go to a store and play with a six string for a couple of hours and soon you will not notice any real difference between four and five stringers.
  10. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Congrats! Killer bass, eh?
  11. How's the string spacing on the BTB1005? Is it a full 3/4" now? (The BTB1005FL that BP reviewed several months back had 5/8" spacing, which I can't really dig.)

BTW, when you're slapping the B, practice muting the E and A (they ring) with the side of your right hand. When you're spanking the E, try muting the B with the heel of your hand.

I know you're supposed to mute with your left hand when slapping, but I can slap plenty cleanly with right hand muting.
  12. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    BTB has always been 3/4", at least by my ruler!
  13. p0w3rman5ooo

Aug 27, 2000
    Thanks for that trick analogkid