Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I GOT A NEW BASS WHOO HOOOO!!!!!!!! PARTYYYYYYY!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VictorLeMonteWooten, Jan 23, 2001.

1. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    YES!!! I just got a brand new American Made Fender Precision for $500 with all the fixins. I got $650 bucks off because i got purple. Since they are trying to get rid of purple, i get a great deal. I don't care for cosmetics, all i care about is sound, playability, and quality. I feel so lucky to find this deal. I nearly soiled my pants. oh i feel great. I got a musical enema. The sound is incredible. Better change my profile.

2. RETSAMPALS

RETSAMPALS

Sep 10, 2000
    congrats *applause*

3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    I got a musical enema once. My colonic therapist was humming the song to Titanic.
    Doc

4. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    i think that is the best deal i've ever seen for a brand new bass.

5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

If Fender doesn't come out with a lot more non-traditional colors, I'd consider hanging on to it down the road. Small production runs of Fenders in exotic (for Fender) colors have historically appreciated in value very well

6. gmstudio99

gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    $500-$600 is about the going rate for these...how do you figure "$650 off", unless you mean the list price?

-GM

7. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    That's because it's got all the fixins.;):D

Anyhow, congrats on the new family member VLMW!

8. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Victor, Victor, Victor...don't you know the paint job IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART? ;)

Seriously, congratulations -- there's just nothing like a new bass to inspire you to play.

9. Hey Victor, I just came over from the Jack Casady thread
    and had to say Congratulations again! You got a purple one?
    Way cool! Who cares about the color? Personally, I think
    that would look dynamite, and, as Rickbass1 said, It may
    actually increase in value over the years because it was
    a custom color. Thank God for overruns and Corporate
    miscalculations. Vive-La-Bass!

Play dat ting.

Mike J.

10. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    Congrats!I got my Metallic Purple P off ebay for 415 mint.I put a white motto guard on and it looks real nice.ENJOY!!!

11. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    american mades at guitar center and stores usually sell for 900-1000 (out of what i've seen). It comes with hs case, tuss rod adjuster, bridge pin adjuster (isn't a bridge in adjuster just an allen wrench?), cable, strap, and a straplock. I was originally trying to save up for a musicman, but then i saw this deal, so i couldn't resist. Fun Fun Fun!

12. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    what kind of purple?
    metallic purple?
    or that midnight blue that really is purple?
    or just a plain purple?

13. boxernyc

boxernyc

Nov 14, 2000
    New York, NY
    I just did the same thing...bought a p-bass hot rod in sunset orange for $500. The guys at the shop said it wasn't selling because of the color but was almost worth buying for the price. Fools. I love the color and I'm grinning ear to ear.

14. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Congratulations man!! That must be really good ^______^ Its like saying when I got my Salas Custom 4 for $1000 brand new freshly made by Tim Salas.. with Case and everything.. :) :) :) Congratulations man.. I hope you like your bass

15. gmstudio99

gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    That very same bass, "with all the fixins" is currently going for $499 at MF.

The new American Series P's aren't offered in Metallic Purple...I bet if you check the serial number, the first digit is a 7, 8 or 9. American Standard. Still a nice bass.

-GM, picking nits

16. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

All new Amercian Fenders should include all this stuff. It seems from what I've heard on this board though, that a lot of the shops in the US hold this stuff back for some reason - especially cases. If you look on the Fender website it describes all the bits and pieces that should come with a new bass. I've still got all the packets and things from my RB5.

17. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    I think Victor just got a bass at the normal price.. adn the $1100 or whatever is just the list price o_O

DM

18. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    not really, darkmazda, if go into guitar center, bassnw, your local guitar shop, etc. They sell mia for $900 at lowest, i've seen them go as high as $1000 for mias on sale.