I got a new bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Jul 27, 2004.

1. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...079318434/g=home/search/detail/base_id/116126

I should be getting it august 5-6. Which is cool because my bday is on the 6th. Anyway, I've heard alot of s*** about agathis, though guitar world did a review on a guitar that had agathis. They said it had 'excellent resounding capabilities' or something along those lines. Either way, the bass has gotten great reviews.

I can't wait to get it :bassist:
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea i wonder what it is with the metal type basses and agathis, ie: BC rich and ESP/LTD?

Looks nice though.
  3. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Looks great man. I just played an ESP bass for the first time this past weekend and I was impressed with the playability and sound.
  4. People have been telling me it's a great wood and all, but since it's so abundant it's used often on low end guitars/basses, therefore it gets a bad rap.

I think they use it alot this year just because of it's cheap price. Cheaper to make + sell at same price = more profit
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Im not knocking on cheap wood. I like the sound of Basswood, and thats not exactly the most expensive wood either :p

Only woods i dont like are plywood and laminate and really poo stuff.
  6. dude wheat thins are nasty. my mom eats that garbage
  7. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    the wings are made from agathis, not the core body thats the neck made of maple and other wood i cant remeber its name
  8. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You learn to like them. Its called manhood. :)

Idk ive recently started liking them, only the reduced fat ones though, taste better. But how can you not like them, they are salty, crispy, and wheaty.
  9. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I forgot that neck thru's where the main body, thanks for reminding me! :hyper:

Btw it's maple and walnut. hehe i said 'nut' :D
  10. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, walnut.

Don't know about these basses, but I'd love to get my hands on a 70s BC Rich
  11. Yeah I love those. So many knobs... :D
  12. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    I like the side/face contouring on those. I've always thought that if you stripped one of those, sanded the "extra" points down to smooth curves, and refinished, you'd have a very attractive bass, and a 35" scale neck-through to boot.
  13. Yeah the beveling job on it is what attracted me to it. Then I read all these great reviews about it, and decided, this is for me! :D
  14. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm going to outlaw "metal" instruments when I'm ruler of the world. Or at least the music industry.
  15. What's wrong with 'metal' instruments?