Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got a new Dirtbike!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by CrapBass, Jul 14, 2004.

1. CrapBass

CrapBass

Mar 11, 2004
    Mckinney TX
    :hyper: It is a 2001 Kawasaki KX-85. It looks alot like this one.

[​IMG]

2. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    sweet

how much? i want one!

3. does it come with a guy riding it?

4. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    is that a kid or a midget? his helmet is bigger then his body!

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I was thinking the same thing. Is that a kiddie bike?

brad cook

6. the KX-85 has an 85cc motor. Its not your average sized dirtbike. It's really rather small compared to the ones you see running the super cross and arena cross events.

7. That still doesn't explain why they sell such big helmets. :D

8. Maybe its not really large helmets they sell...maybe its really small riders :eek:

9. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    This picture does... :D

[​IMG]

10. CrapBass

CrapBass

Mar 11, 2004
    Mckinney TX
    Most of the time you see 125cc in supercross. A 125cc bike is just a little bigger. But dont be fooled by this bikes size, i popped a wheelie in 3rd gear on accident. And yes that kid is 9 and way to small for the bike. He has to stand on a picnic bench to get on it. :D

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Awesome.

brad cook

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'd love a dirt bike to ride around on my land. It's great terrain for dirt bike riding. Currently I drive 4-wheelers or my Xterra out there but it's kind of hard to do jumps and stuff in either of those...although I did get some nice air once in my aunt's Cadillac CTS.

brad cook

EDIT: just kiddin' about the Caddie...it wouldn't survive on that terrain.

13. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    what if its CrapBass on that pic?

Now we hurt his feelings:(

:D

shame on you people!

BTW those small dirtbikes are very fun:p very controlling on dirt road:p too bad i am too big for em now... they are great

PS JMX made my day! thank you, you rock!

Cheers

14. CrapBass

CrapBass

Mar 11, 2004
    Mckinney TX
    I will admit.....

I am small. :eek:

15. LOL

sweet nice bike

... that is a huge helmet for that kid.

16. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Why's it hard to jump a 4 wheeler? Or your Xterra for that matter? I've jumped many a 4 wheeler, in very recent memory. And I went airborne a few times in my '84 Ford Bronco II 4x4. Now that was excitement :D

17. is he eating a bag of jellybeans? And whats that all over his face. ...stupid kid...

18. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It's not hard to jump and I usually do like to hit jumps on our smaller 4-wheeler (Kawasaki Bayou 220) however it's not exactly a dirt bike as far as speed and maneuverability go. It will jump but it's not really made to and I think if I did it constantly it would cause mechanical problems. The one that I usually drive though, for comfort and power reasons is our Kawasaki Prairie 300, which is a much bigger bulkier thing that usually nose-dives when you go airborne. Also it has an automatic transmission so you don't have the ability to drop down into a lower gear right before jumps for that little burst of speed. The suspension on both of these 4 wheelers is not made for jumping. We could buy one that has that sort of suspension but I don't think I would use it often enough for that to be practical. I think I'll probably get a dirt bike down the line some day.

brad cook

19. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    So what aobut the Xterra :bassist:

20. If I were to get a dirtbike, it'd be like this..

[​IMG]