I got a new drumset + cymbal!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Special_Ed, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Special_Ed

Oct 3, 2004
    My girlfriend has been doing very well at her new commissions based job. She pulled in a lot of cash during the Labor Day sale. She is a very straight up, honest respectful sales person and people love her for it. (yes sort of ironic.. cough anti- G.C.)

Well she said she was taking me to a suprise and we had to go now. This was at about 5:30 PM tonight. I jumped in the car and thought I was getting a dinner.

At one point it was pretty obvious we were going to Music 6000 because we had passed all the eating spots we normally go to.

She was like "You probably know were I am taking you." We go inside and at this point I thought I was just getting a new cymbal. I talked a bit with this cool laid back sales guy and and I found out something interesting.

Sabian cymbals brand new come with a warranty that you do not have to pay additional cash for. If the cymbal cracks I just bring it into Music 6000 and they take care of the rest. (A part not mentioned is the guy who tried to ring me up at G.C. was like "You don't want your cymbal to have a warranty?) basically implying that if you do not shell out extra for the G.C. warranty the cymbal will have none which is a lie becuase Sabain covers it.

Well anyhow I was like "Nice... the cymbal comes with a warranty that I do NOT have to pay additional for at this store."

We were looking around and my girlfriend was like "You have a show coming up soon and you can't get up on stage with the P.O.S. drumset you have now." (My old set was so beat up and crappy I can't even describe it) She was like "I need to get you a new drumset!" We argued a bit because I didn't want her spending all that money on me but finally I caved. We both had our eyes on the exact same drumset. I talk about music equipment enough to the point were she can judge a good peice of equipment and she doesn't play an insturment.

The drumset I got is an awsome red/black like the one below:

I got this set for $729.99 about 100 dollars cheaper than Musicians Friend. I very decent price... not a killer deal.. but a price I was totally happy with.

I also got this cymbal below brand new:

My band mates are going to be pretty blown away. :cool:

Things I liked about Music 6000:

1) The tag price was $769.99 and they said they would take off 30 dollars and I didn't have to haggle with them about it or even bring it up, they just flat out said, here is the lowest price we can do. (At that point I was pretending like I was on the fence about buying the set and was just comparision shopping even though I knew I'd buy)

2) They explained the warranty and will take care of it, shipping and all, for 1 year and I did NOT have to pay extra just to get the warranty.

3) They were quick nice and responsive and did not hound me or give me that "salesman" vibe.

4) I talked to the guy a bit about drums and you could tell he actually knew what he was talking about!

5) They went ahead and threw in some extras like drum sticks and I didn't even have to bring it up or "haggle it out" they just flat out gave me free extras.

Man that was the easiest buying experience I have had in a long time.
  2. Special_Ed

Oct 3, 2004
    Link isn't working but it was a Pearl EXR export set.
  3. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Link works for me. Nice set I like Pearls.
  4. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    It sure is easy to buy when SOMEONE ELSE IS PAYING!
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Who did you buy the drum set from?

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000

What gift will she get from you in return?
  7. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    ;) chika pow-wow
  8. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Good choice on the kit,Sabian is the way to go as far as cymbals as well.