Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got a new peavy 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by downstairs, Nov 1, 2001.

1. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    Yup, i went to music go round, they were closing, had a sign on it that said "Sam's tired of looking at this, SALE $129.99". I was with my mom and i said "mom, please?" she said, naaaaaah. Then the guy came back and he said "what can i do for you" and i said "well, i wanted the peavy but my mom wont pay $130" so he looked at the origonal tag that said $199.99 and said "ok, i'll make you a deal, the store paid $100, i'll give it to you for $100 plus tax". So my paid $142 for that, 2 more guitar stands, a volume pedal, and 2 sets of guit*r strings. What a freakin deal, i donno what model the peavy is though, its just big, heavy, and has 2 stripes of silver on the side of the front, has feet on the left side, and matches my 1980 Peavy Musician head. I might just buy all peavy stuff amps wise from now on, its dirt cheap and sounds really really good, though rather heavy.

2. damn! Good price. well... if you don't like that cab for <b>any</b> reason.. I'm right here..;)

3. rockjockjared

rockjockjared

Oct 17, 2001
    Lubbock, TX
    I have a peavey amp and 2 peavey cabs. It's pretty heavy stuff. But I'm rather poor and can't afford stuff like Ampeg...I'm just waiting for that record deal to come along! I've been pretty impressed with Peavey. Sound's good...it's pretty cheap and it's built solid!

Jared

4. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    I just got back from ace hardware, i got 16 screws to fit with the casters my friend laurie gave me, this is gonna be cool, no more carrying from place to place for JERRY! Muahahaha. And no, i'll probably never sell it, but if i am gonna, i'll tell you.

5. rockjockjared

rockjockjared

Oct 17, 2001
    Lubbock, TX
    $100 isn't bad at all for pretty much any type of cab! I think I spent around $350 for my 4x10" but it was also brand new...and I spent $250 for my 115 BW cab (just got it 2 days ago!!! :) my guitarist hates me now :) ) And I ended up trading a 16 channel mixer that I had for my Mark VIII head. As I said before I'm pleased with Peavey. They have a 5 year warranty on everything they make and I haven't had any problems as of yet!

Jared

6. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    i spent 135 for my black widow

7. rockjockjared

rockjockjared

Oct 17, 2001
    Lubbock, TX
    Yeah...that's one thing that sux about where I live...there are no music stores except for 2...so you pay their price. And as far as pawn shops go or used gear it's so expensive you might as well just buy it new.