Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got a song up. LISTEN TO IT!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by nuclearrabbit17, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nuclearrabbit17

nuclearrabbit17 Guest

May 20, 2004
    Hey a while back i started a thread saying i was the best bassist in fremont and a bunch of people wanted to hear something. This isn't my most talented work but it's pretty good. everyone we show it to loves it. please comment on it.

2. nuclearrabbit17

nuclearrabbit17 Guest

May 20, 2004
  3. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I'm speechless.

...but I will say, you may want to voluntarily reduce the amount of territory you "dominate" over, perhaps by several square miles?

4. nuclearrabbit17

nuclearrabbit17 Guest

May 20, 2004
    So is it good or bad?

5. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    I believe you have to wait a day before the link is activated.
    I can't wait to hear the best bassist in Fermont.

6. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I think you can listen to it streaming right now.

Uh, better than a stick in the eye?

7. Lazlo Panaflex

Lazlo Panaflex

Sep 30, 2003
    link doesnt work.

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Error Occurred While Processing Request

<TABLE border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>Error Diagnostic Information

Request canceled or ignored by serverServer busy or unable to fulfill request. The server is unable to fulfill your request due to extremely high traffic or an unexpected internal error. Please attempt your request again (if you are repeatedly unsuccessful you should notify the site administrator). (Location Code: 26)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

10. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    link doesnt work, and i wanna hear this :eyebrow:

11. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    I was only able to get it play "lo-fi" which was too poor a quality to really here the bass. Maybe tomorrow.

12. Yeah, it appears that only the Lo-Fi link works at this point.

From what I can tell, it sounded like you were just sliding a bunch of major and minor thirds. You said you were bored with your playing, and I can see why.

As for being the best bass player in Fremont, well...I've never been to Fremont.

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Do you wear Abercrombie so Fremont knows you dominate?

brad cook

14. nuclearrabbit17

nuclearrabbit17 Guest

May 20, 2004
    Like i said its not my most talented work. another thing is that this was recorded about 6 months ago and im better now. and another thing is that only half the song is there, ill try post the complete one eventually but i didnt have it.
    And to the person that said they couldnt hear the bass on the lo fi, the bass just isnt bassy. Im using the top 3 strings on my 6 string strumming the whole time. The bass is there, just doesnt really sound like a bass.

15. nuclearrabbit17

nuclearrabbit17 Guest

May 20, 2004
    Oh yeah, also, i will be adding moe to the website as soon as i can get an adaptor to plug into the back of my computer, so add the site to your favorites!

16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    eh, I've heard worse. You need a better recording first off. It's hard to hear on the lo-fi version. also, it just sort of goes on and on. It needs some type of point, otherwise it's just:

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    how'd you get that picture of mike money, bliss?

brad cook

18. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Depends. How sharp is the stick?

19. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    just wow... not necissarily good wow. its sounds like Primus... but not as good(not even in the same league good)..... better yet it sounds like Jumpman... but not as good. I dunno, maybe I just expected more consider you ARE the best bassist it Fermont.

EDIT: actually I'm not even sure that's in the same league as JUMPMAN... Did I mention Peter plays a 6 String too... but it's not a Thumb.
    EDIT2: Hate to burst your bubble but it's not even in the same league as Jumpman...unless all your other tunes rip hard and groove smooth.....

20. Okay, cool. So what makes you the best bass player in your town again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.