I got a super killer deal on Ampeg!!!! (+ ?'s)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ian Hall, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Ian Hall

Ian Hall

May 31, 2002
    I just picked up my best gear deal ever on an Ampeg rig-

SVT-4PRO, brand new condition, 1 yr old, including 8 space grundorf rack(will be moved to 4 sp. bag)and monster cable speaker cable.

$600( :D )

These things go used on ebay for ~$850-900 all day.

PR410-HLF, Fair condition(scuffing, dings, but no major damage), 2 yrs old, with upgraded casters.

$1100 and this thing frickin' screams. I still think that my Mesa's tone sounds much better with my fretless but the Ampeg rig totally puts the smack down on the Mesa with my thumb fretted. Nice sounding rig, especially in a rock band. I'll post pics later this eve.

Also, for anybody that uses this head with a single cab, are you running stereo, or bridged?

2. Arthur Poon

Arthur Poon

Jul 13, 2003
    Sounds like a pretty nice deal. I have a bit of past experience w/the Svt-4pro; I ran it in bridge-mono mode through a 4-ohm SWR Goliath Sr 6-10" cab. I also ran it in stereo through 2 4-ohm Ampeg BXT410-HL cabs. Of course, the head ran much cooler in stereo-I did'nt detect any difference in tone-the head sounded great either way, mono or stereo. Is your PR410 a 4 or 8 ohm version? Ampeg claims the 4-Pro is rated at 1200 W @4 ohms in mono-bridge mode, 490 W per side stereo. I beleive the PR410 is rated at 600 W RMS. I've read on Ampeg's homepage forum that many players run the same setup as yours in mono-bridge mode with great results. They strongly recommend that you keep the output limiter activated when running the head in this mode to help prevent speaker meltdowns. Or you can also run one side of the amp in stereo if you choose.