i got an acoutsic bass! yay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Staindfan10, Aug 2, 2001.

1. Staindfan10

Jan 20, 2001
    its a Takamine EG512C, the Tocoma was really nice but a little too much so my mom said no lol but thats ok so i'm happy.

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    cool, how does it sound?
  3. Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    ive played several acoustic basses and was pleasently suprised. takamines, ovations, and gibsons are the kinds that i played. im looking into getting one later on ( after i upgrade :D ) .
    have fun with the new bass!!!
  4. I played a Talk, it wasn't that bad, I might have gotten it, but I had my eye on the Martin (which I bought, and the Talk they had at Guitar Center had a huge dent in it)...
  5. ASR

Apr 2, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Is that the acoustic/electric one? I played a few at GC the other day, but I couldn't find one that played loud enough, and it lost most of the acoustic sound when plugged in. I'm still looking around for one I like.
  6. Right on!!! I have always wanted an accoustic bass but could never justify taking the plunge.Let us know how she plays plugged/unplugged,k? :D

Congrats again! :)
  7. Word up Staindfan10! ABGs are very special in the bass world, and their owners are special people!
    Intellegent enough to choose bass; artistic enough to coax sound out of a delicate wooden box.

Enjoy that acoustic!
    Mike J.
  8. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

Quite true MJ! And a tip of acknowledgement to you too!
  9. anyoone notice he hasn't repiled yet?
  10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

It's weird. He always does that.

Do a search for Staindfan10, and look at every thread that he's ever started.

IIRC, he doesn't come back to any of them.
  11. Staindfan10

Jan 20, 2001
    yeah its the acoustic electric one. it sounds good both unplugged and plugged in sorry for the long wait for reply