I got an Eden 410XLT today! (not the 210T)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Funkmonkey, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Thanks for all the responses to my other thread about the 210T. I got a 410XLT for $400 today. It's in pretty decent shape,except the tweeter doesn't work. But,it sounds amazing! I don't miss the tweeter at all. My Traveler 400 sounds just killer through it. I think I'm set for quite a while. Thanks again,guys!:cool:
  2. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    You can get a replacement tweeter from Eden for around $75 bucks if it's not working.

But there may be an easier fix than that. the tweeter is protected by a little light bulb inside the cab. It's a very common type, used in overhead lights in cars. Could be your tweeter is actually fine, and you just have a bad bulb, or maybe it's just slipped out of its holder. In any case, the bulb can be replaced for just a few bucks. You can do it yourself, though it's a little bit of a pain.

You might as well see if you can get the thing working. You can always turn the tweeter down if you don't like it. Also, if you ever have to sell it, it should be in working order to get the right price.
  3. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Congrats Funky!!!
    You made a great choice!
  4. Congrats man.

Speaking of Eden : I bought a Eden 210 XLT a while ago, and I've been wondering about the knob that is on the back next to the input jacks.

Can someone explain what the hell it is, and what it does please?

P.S. If this is common knowledge, forgive me, I'm young and stupid! :D

Thanks in advance.

5. reddavid

Oct 11, 2001
    Wayne, PA
  6. Hey Thanks. The knob on the back controls the output of your tweeter. If you turn it all the way clockwise you'll hear alot more string and fret noise. I generally like to keep mine almost all the way down so I just get a little extra brightness. But,it's really just a matter of taste.
    BTW-the 210XLT is a very cool cabinet and should serve you very well. It's by by far the best 2x10 cab out there,in my opinion. Thanks and good luck.

PS-We're all young and dumb sometime. Otherwise we would pick a much more noble and worthwhile pursuit than playing bass. Like ending world hunger or saving the whales or something. But,then again,SOMEONE has to be the bassist,Right? :D
  7. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    How much does that cabinet weigh? I'm thinking about getting two of them.
  8. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I have a Bag End S15D. Has anyone used that cabinet plus the Eden 2x10?
  9. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    About 65-70 lbs each. They aren't too bad though, they have large, comfortable handles.
  10. Thanks for the help guys. It's greatly appreciated.