Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got an EQ pedal, a DOD Fx-40b

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Albini_Fan, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    Now if I only knew what to do with it :x

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Well, why did you buy it? Was there a certain frequency that you had problems with, or two distinctive types of EQ you wanted to be able to switch between on the fly?

More EQ "just for EQ's sake" is rarely better than without it, especially when it comes in the form of a footpedal . . .

3. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    my amp only had 3 eq knobs and a style selector, and i wanted a 7-band eq. because i don't have one, and wanted to feel the power of sliders :x

4. i find knobs easier than sliders, they take me forever to get my tone but knobs just turn and play.

5. joerosen

joerosen

Jan 30, 2002
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    I tried to use it, but it wasn't to usefull for me. Finally I gave it to my band's cello player, and he loves it :) .

6. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    I'm getting a Boss GEB-7 soon that I'll use mainly as a volume boost to kick my SVT-100 into the growly overdrive that I like from it, while also adding some mid punch. I used to do the same on guitar with my old GE-7(now belongs to one of my guitarists) when I'd play my Tele into my old Fender Bassman. I'd crank it, get a nice clean tone with the Tele from picking lightly, and then dig in and hit the EQ pedal to get the metal distortion.