1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I got an old Ampeg BA115 today.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TUEP, Jul 7, 2014.

1. TUEP

TUEP

Apr 8, 2007
    Nice amp I liked it the first time I played through one in a music store. THis one is an old SLM one and I got it used. Tone is diverse the speaker kicks pretty good and the mids really help it with cutting through. So far my old school Spector Legend with the PJ EMG HZ's, and three band EMG passive EQ, rock it pretty good. With the Behringer BDI-21 I can nail some good tone with that bass also. As far as combo amps go I have owned two Crate 100 watters one had the digital effects built in, two Crate 15 watters, a 60 watt Hartke, Ampeg B100R, and now this one. IMO so far I like this one second to the B100R. The B100R is a classic for a reason.

On another hand who owns the BA-115 and who gigs with it?

2. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Endorsing Artist: DNA
    I had one a few years ago. It was hard for me to use it in a church praise team that played somewhat aggressive. I thought the amp sounded great but couldn't get very loud without it breaking up IMO.The tweeter did some strange stuff after a few months of owning it too. I ended up giving it away to a younger player with no amp and chalked it up to bad luck.

3. RandalPinkFloyd

RandalPinkFloyd

Jun 3, 2012
    Never owned the BA-115 but I did own a BA-112 and was able to gig with the at some smaller venues. I got so many compliments playing my Spector with that setup. I ended up selling it during my move because there was no room for it. I plan on getting a ba-115 next time around.