Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i got busted...AGAIN !!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vulcan`, Oct 28, 2002.

1. aww.. dude i hate cops..

about 1/2 a year ago me and two friend got busted by the egyptian secret service, and im telling you they're not nice, because we just bought some flashlights and wanted to try them out, so we went out into a deserted area nearby and went into some creepy construction yard (dark of course) and we tried our flashkights.
    After that we heard about 5 men shouting after us from a distance and telling us to leave immediatley, we got scared and ran off, the cops thought we stole something from that sh!thole and started chasing us until they caught one of us and they littlerallt F-ed him up (excuse my language) then they called us from his phone and told us to go to them. After a while i took a chain on the floor and my friend took a thick stick and we were on our way to get our friend outta there.....

We arrive and we see 7 muscular grown up men, who would surely beat the crap out of us if we attack first ...
    so we decided to throw our "weapons" away and go negotiate.... after understanding that this was some kind of "protected area" they let us go ......
    our 3rd friend really got one hell of a beating there and there was nothing we could do about it (here the secret service can do anything they want)

and before yesterday i was in a concert playing "chop suey" from "system of a down" and then the secrurity guards heard the chorus (...."but angels deserve to die") and thought we were satanists or something, thank god that the dad of my drummer was the police chief and so he let us go ...

this sux bad dudes ... u know how many times i got busted for skating and biking here in egypt???

if you have any story similar of something why not tell it?

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Well there's a hint and a half not to go to creepy construction yards at night with new flashlights!!

Sorry your frined got a beating - that's a bit out of order!

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Ouch.

4. thats nuts.

5. I cannot trust any government service that has the word "Secret" in it's name.

Rock on
    Eric

6. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    in the past 4 years ive probably have been chased probably over 20 times.. by police for skateboarding.. in the US... all over the south..
    ive had 5 tickets.. but the other times ive managed to get away. It sucks man. I feel your pain. I dont like the cops though man.

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Cops hate you too. Believe that.

8. I know, those b******* are always trying to protect us from people who might harm us i.e. muderers and they just give out skating tickets for fun rather than cause its their job.

9. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    One thing for all you "cop haters" to ponder...

Do you think that your less than positive experiences with Law Enforcement may have something to do with YOUR attitudes?

I can't speak for countries outside of the US...but 999 times out of 1000 times here, if you treat an officer with respect and decency, you will be treated the same way. If you instantly spout off with accusations of harrasment or you try to act all "bad" or "street", chances are you will not have a positive experience.

It really goes back to the rule you learned early in school.... If you want to be treated like an adult, act like one.

10. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Yeah, don't break the law and they're going to be cool with you(usually, you never know about some bad apples).

Don't knock the people that keep you from getting dead.

11. i agree with cheezewiz, you hate cops because you had a bad experience or heard of one. if your nice to cops, they'll usually be nice back. that and not breaking the law will keep you on the cops good side.

12. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Cops are just like any organized group. There are a few a bad apples who give a bad name for the whole bunch. But usually the good ones out way the bad. I show respect for the police and I have never had a problem with them.

13. I must say, I've never had a runin with the cops before, but a lot of that, I'd like to think, has to do with common sense.

Obey the law, and don't do anything stupid. Surefire ways to keep yourself from running into the cops at an inopportune time, since you don't create any scenarios where it would be inopportune to bump into some cops, eh?

14. Cheezewiz,, Damn straight!

Fetch!

15. In the past 11 years I have learned that Cops are not my friend. Officer Friendly is a myth. My Car or my appearence has nothing to do with my "attitude" but it has everything to do with a judgemental police officer's choice in how to approach me. IMHO, I can look back at experience with cops and say that 8 out of every 10 of my encounters with them resulted in negative feelings toward their problem solving methods. I have been repeatedly harassed, insulted and belittled by officers while simply going about my daily routine... for the record I have NEVER been arrested and have commited no major crime in my entire life.

Even more disturbing is the obvious lack of interest and incompetent way they handle any situation that arises where I feel the need to contact them. I doubt that I would call them even if I was being hunted down by a mass murderer... they would probably conclude that I deserved it.

Officers of Law Enforcement in about any country abuse their power to some extent, least of all ours.

~Ad

16. It's been my experience that for everyone that becomes a cop because they truly want to help people, there are 9 other cops that became cops because they wanted to have power over people.

Most cops I know were jocks as kids and were too dumb to be teachers, so the only way they could go back to being in a position of higher social power was to become officers of the "law".

And police racism is pretty well documented, too.

I have met some good cops, but they're rare. They all only keep the bad guys from killing you on their shift.

17. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Like SuperGreg said, there are always going to be a few bad ones in any large group. I've got my own friends that are cops, and my parents have friends who are cops. They are all pretty nice, but they have peers on the force that they think are the absolute scum of the earth. I, myself, have been hit with my own skateboard by a cop, as well as handcuffed and VERY nearly arrested for being in a "rich" neighborhood where I "didn't belong" very early in the morning. Gee, Mr. Officer, I'm sorry I was dropping my girlfriend off after Midnight Madness at the fair.
    Cops are like anything else...some are great, some suck.:rolleyes:

18. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Well..I guess I'll come "out of the closet". I have been a police officer for almost 18 years. I have seen a lot of good officers in that time, and very few bad ones. Ad Nauseum, Kin Korn Karn and others, you have an open invitation to ride with me any night you want so you can see what cops are actually like. Are there bad cops...sure! There are bad cops like there are bad lawyers, bad doctors, bad accountants, and bad bass players. As others on this thread have said, its a vast minority. So many of you are willing to scream "prejudice" etc. when you see a cop. Aren't you doing the same thing by judging a person as soon as you see his work uniform? Don't consider yourself open minded if you have ever done this. I work as a cop. I play bass in a gigging band. I have a wife and kids. In short..I (and almost everyone other cop I know)..AM JUST LIKE YOU!

19. Ian Hall

Ian Hall

May 31, 2002
    Rialto,CA
    Hey guys- you know when you go to the gas station and that crazy excited bum runs up to you speaking some kind of gibberish that sounds more like a foreign language than english?

How about the crackhead that's beating his wife?

Or the gangbanger that is trying to prove how hard he is by being tough in front of his friends?

Sometimes we get mad in our regular jobs when we have to deal with a disgruntled customer or an idiot coworker. Imagine the crazy bum as your coworker(or a disgruntled customer). Or the crackhead. Or the gangbanger. These are the people police deal with every day, all day. You should all be thankful that they aren't more unfriendly than they are already. I know I couldn't cope with it.

On the other side of the coin, I do beleive that bad cops are some of the slimiest creatures on this planet. It's not only bad enough that they are crooked, but they do it under the guise of being a public servant.

I don't agree with many of the actions of police, or some of the laws that they enforce, but all things considered, they are doing a good job.

20. Let me ask you this - are there any laws that you enforce only because that's your job; i.e. you don't believe in the laws?

I agree with inwbcstm - dealing with scum every day would take its toll on you.