Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got canned for harassment

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Root 5, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    Canada
    Hello everyone. It's been awhile since I've been on Talkbass...Anyway...I just got canned from the largest Japanese auto maker allegedly harassing a woman gues what? I didn't do it and there isn't a darned thing I can do about it!

If you are a man and you get accused of harassment you had best start saving your money and start looking for another job! Companies do not want to appear soft in regard to harassment so if that means a few innocents being sacrificed - I guess they can live with it.

My advice is to understand what workplace harassment is and how your company deals with it. Generally, it is ANY unwanted attention; a person may not like the way you shave your goatee and complain to management. It can literally be ANYTHING!

I spoke to a lawyer and he told me that the laws have gone too far in favour of women and I have to agree. He went on to say that women know they can do this and if they're a little loose upstairs they may make false accusations against innocent people simply because they can. A lawyer told me about execs with 20 years seniority making six figures a year lose their jobs over false female allegations.

Not far from where I live, a couple was out walking and having a heated argument; the wife ended up hitting the husband in the face and a neighbour called the police. The cops showed up and threw HIM in jail because they said that it is PROCEDURE in domestic violence disputes. There is something seriously wrong with all of this.

2. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    What happened exactly?

3. I think it's called reverse descrimination. It's happens in western developed nations when people begin thinking they are so enlightened about fairness and equility that they start treating minorities and other groups that make the most noise better than the majority, rather than treating everyone equaly. They are too stupid to see that what they are doing is wrong, and even if they could see it, they wouldn't care because they'd rather be wrong than have a noisy minority calling them racist/sexist/insert-accusation-here.

We have the same problem in Australia. In about 15 years time this country may no longer be worth living in because the freedom of the majority will be sacrificed for the fleeting hapiness of the minorities.

I'm sorry to hear about your job. Hope you find something soon.

(mods, I'm not sure if this post violates the 'no political posts' rule. I tried to make it as non-political as possible :))

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    +1

5. Somewhere around 94/95, in the aftermath of the Clarence Thomas hearings, a "lady" I worked with decided she was going to go for her $300,000 sexual harrassment suit against my employer. When she brought her suit, she had a stack of complaints well over 2.5" thick. A bulging file folder. It started (that I know of) with her hearing me say the word "boobs" (not to her, not about her, not even around her- she was clear across the room). She then started crying fits and running to the supervisors office at every instance that she didn't like. We're talking about a 50 year old woman. Stuff like ordering "legs, thighs and breasts" from KFC, talking to her when it didn't have to do with work, telling her to do something that pertained to her job that she didn't want to do, and one of my personal favorites- she heard the word "penis" on the radio. The other thing that really amused me was that she told our supervisor she did not want any of us to talk to her, then wrote up our supervisor for telling us not to talk to her- that it created a hostile work environment. Our supervisor was a woman. She was written up several times. I think I was written up 3 times, one for the "boobs" word, one for ordering "dark meat" and one for having the radio on when the word "penis" was mentioned.

When the investigator came I was interviewed, and I saw some of the complaints she had... you could tell she was gearing up- and when I found the suit was $300,000... Anyway, the investigator took most of it seriously, but she was clearly disgusted by the time the interview was over, she knew what the suit was about. She's been asked to take a few different jobs around the building, but she's still there. I haven't checked, but I'd imagine I have 3 complaints in my official employee file...

That was 10 years ago, I still will not say a word to her, it was mean and hurtful to everyone involved. In fact, part of what really killed the suit was another woman who worked there had filed a few complaints withdrew them saying she had been coerced into making the complaints. She then quit.

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    and another +1

7. +10

+2

8. John Ruiz

John Ruiz

Oct 9, 2000
    Plano, Tx
    -2, but then +3.

9. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    [​IMG]+1

10. so if it happened 10 years ago, why were you fired just now?

11. You're kidding, right?

Mike

12. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    (Pssst. Check the post authors...)

13. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    :D

14. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Umm... ok? :)

15. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    There is much wisdom in this post.

16. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    Canada
    What happened?? It is ridiculous what happened. I had two "conversations" with her. The first was " Hi my name is Root 5; how long have you worked here? What department are you from? Talk to you later. (Second) How was your weekend? I like that restaurant, too."

Yes folks, I got fired for that! A woman can go complain to management and cry that they're scared or whatever their demented mind can conjure up and get an innocent man fired from a very well paying job.

The rotten truth is-management doesn't care whether you did it or not, they have an issue and they just want it dealt with whether it's just, or not.

Men especially don't have a hope in hell of being believed. The company will always lean towards the woman because they don't want a costly lawsuit if she was to claim the company didn't protect her.

So why did she do this to me? Only Satan and her know why she is a sociopathic piece of worthless garbage. :spit: :mad:

17. Yay for calculus!

18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

+1

19. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    The joys of reverse discrimination- I know them well. Sometimes I think the worst thing in the US to be is a straight, white, male.

20. Don't forget christian.

I'm still waiting to meet the ultimate minority, a black jewish woman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.