I got fired yesterday...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Trevorus, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, as the title goes, you know what's up. They were mad at me for being "late". I was always there when they opened, ready for work. But, I guess it isn't good enough. I guess also, that when the manager does the same thing(and comes in later, or not at all), it goes unnoticed. Managers were not required to clock in at the time, so no one but the immediate staff knew. Being salary, it didn't matter. I was the #2 salesman for guitar/combo department, too. I can't wait to see how the store flounders. But, the same day I got fired, I got another job, at least temporarily. So it's not so bad. More time for the band, and more time for college. Anyone else relate to this?
  2. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Times like these were made for Ol' Jack, Daniels that is!
  3. Haha. I love how when people get fired, all the sudden the establishement will wither and die, as if that person were the base of the pyramid.

Sorry, I've just heard these kinds of bitter comments for ever...(It happens a LOT in the office atmoshpere especially...)

Good luck with it all though,,,you were too good for them anyway most likely.
  4. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I know it does sound dumb, but they are going to have a tough time. Maybe not "flounder", but it is going to be hard to get someone in there that could do what I did. I was maintainence, sales, service, band/orchestra, some sheet music coverage. I really worked my rear off for these people, and this is how they return the favor. I was thinking about doing something vandalist, but thought better of it seconds after thinking it. It would just make them right, which they are not.
  5. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

I can't speak for a lot since I'm only 18, but usually in an "office atmosphere" there are many people performing relatively the same job, so people are expendable even though they don't think so. In a small business with only a few employees (like tmo's job sounded), losing just one employee can really cause problems, especially if that employee was a hit with customers.