Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got in a fight today...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Jul 1, 2003.

1. I got in a fight today after summerschool, some kid in my class has been a dick to everyone since the first day and noone has had the balls to tell him to shut up, but I did and he started to call me names and then he called me "Four eyes" which infuriates me more than anything in the world, but I held back and just let it slide off my chest.

Afterschool while I was walking to my car him and his cronies came up to me and started talking more Sh*t and pushing me and the such. Well two of my good friends saw me surrounded by these kids and came to my help. But before they came the kid threw a punch to my face which connected and then we brawled. His cronies didn't jump in and neither did my friends so we fought until security came and broke us up. Neither of us were really hurt, just a few cuts and bruises on our face, and luckily since he started the fight I didnt get into any trouble, since I acted in self defense. I thought for sure I was going to be kicked out of summer school.

2. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Sweet!

:rolleyes:

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Wow. Most schools are so F'd up these days that even if you do sock the mother F'er in the face in self defense, you still get suspended. I like your school.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Got yer arse kicked, eh?

:D Just kidding. I hope that this is the end of it. In the grand scheme of things, it's not worth it, but I will admit it, he needed to be pummeled!

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    So....ummm....do you have 4 eyes?

6. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    yeah... with 4 eyes, wouldn't you be able to see the punch coming much better?

7. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    At my old school, if you got socked in the face and didn't do anything, you still got suspended, because you were involved in a "fight."

8. yea, that can be the case here fastplant.

at least your OK, Eric :)

9. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    yah, schools have become so hyper sensitive. at my old school you weren't aloud to tuch people :eek: it's better in high school, but not much. it's so lame. a few punks ruin touching for the rest of us:mad:

10. Nice dude, hope you owned those f00s :D I remember back in the 6th grade I was chillin with some girls playin basketball and this dude named Eric and we got into a little push fight, then after lunch when we were in line waitin for our teacher we started arguing and got into this huge ass fist fight and there was a circle around us, most peopole cheering me on and then the teacher came and broke it up and dragged us both to the office and we got suspended for 2 days, but then people started calling me a hero cuz Eric is a total ******* and has no friends cuz hes so mean to everyone, and no one from my school has ever forgotten about it :D ~ Tyler

11. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Keep your left up, it could hurt you in the later rounds. The aint a law against ducking.

Mike

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Sound advice.

13. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Sounds like you stuck when you should have moved, and zigged when you should have zagged!

I used to get involved with things like that quite a bit when I was younger, and learned some lessons in the process. Always walk away whenever possible, no matter who wins, it's not worth it.

I can only think of one fight I have been in, that I wouldn't change a thing. The guy had messed with me for years, and caught me in an off mood one night at the fair. He thumped me in the chest twice before I did a thing, but he ended up laid out pretty good, in front of both his friends and mine. I hear shortly after, he took some martial arts classes :eek: Seems cool to me every time I see him now.

14. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    dude.....I must say that being called four-eyes just seems to me to be a lame thing to get pissed off about....but I suppose you have your reasons. I let people call me whatever the hell they want, if it pisses me off, I tell myself to chill the F out.

I've been in a few fights back in the day, but now I have a bit more common sense, and every damn person I interact with is a friend or neutral acquaintence, even the people who used to be a$$holes to me.

I always avoid potentially voilent situations, because it's always better to have more friends than enemies. I create peace within my social world, because I can.

In your situation, I would have either ignored the poor people and got on with life, or try to make that dude stop, with peaceful methods. If the person didn't want to chill out when I told him to, (in a friendly, peaceful way of course) then I'd still probably not fight him, but convince him that he has no life, and needs to find a better hobby, like picking on some different people, or something. By that time, usually that person would give it up, or I'd just give up, and tell the offended people that they should just ignore the fool. If things get nasty between this guy and a third party, tell both of them to chill the F out. I'm sure it wouldn't go any further than that, because it hasn't for me. I say, leave the ego for the guitarists.

If something absolutely needed to be done, grab the neck off a Squier and prepare.....for WAR.

my 3.5 cents.

15. if a kid called me four eyes, id punch him another two sockets.

16. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

Why not just make fun of him?

It's a lot more fun that way.

17. Remember the Texas Defence:

He needed killin'.

Sometimes people just need to be taught a lesson, cause detentions, parental involvment, suspension, expulsion, and even jail time simply won't register with them that something they are doing is wrong. But getting a broken nose and loosing a few teeth is ALWAYS a lesson well learned.

I'm not promoting violence, this is something you should only use as a last resort. BUt I have had to be in a few fights, and every time the kid was nicer to me and everyone else afterward. Something I noticed after the first fight I had when I was in 7th grade and beat the hell out of a kid that had been a terror to almost everyone at school. But after I laid him on the deck, he was a lot quieter and nicer for about a year. Then I graduated junior high, and haven't seen him since.

Rock on
    Eric:bassist:

18. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'd say you need to up the dosage on your Ritalin a touch.

19. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I agree. While I'm pretty much a pacifist and against violence, the truth is, sometimes two wrongs do make a right. Some people's moral systems are so screwed up, that having the same thing they dish out, happen to them is the only way they'll understand. As the quote in my sig from the all knowing Hyde of That 70's Show says "Where Zen ends, ass kicking begins".

Since I'm 20 years old now, I can't go beating people cause it's not worth going to prison over. Besides, if someone ticks me off that much, I'll probaly never see them again in life anyways. But back in high school you see the same people every day, and getting bullied on a daily basis can really screw with your emotions and self-esteem. There was this one kid who bullied me ever since 4th grade. Well, one day when I was a freshman, he said the wrong thing to me and fought him. With both were pretty messed up by the end of the fight, but he never bothered me since that day. Actually, I saw him the other day at Sheetz and talked to him for a little while. In no way am I saying that you should fight in high school, espcially now since a fight means you get kicked out of school for a week, arrested, psycho analyzed, and sued, (back in my day, you got in a fight and got kicked out a few days and everybody forgot about it after 2 weeks) but I can sympathize with kids who get bullied for a while and then wind up fighting their bullies.

20. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    What ever happened to boxing in school? I think 2 kids should be alowed to duke it out in a ring supervised. They're gonna fight in the street anyway, and maybe pull a knife or gun on you.

But then again, supervised boxing as aposed to street brawling would make the school's seem inhumane. :rolleyes: :meh: