I got injured today...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Trevorus, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I am a maintainance guy, and we have to clean up around our buildings a lot. Well, I was cleaning around the dumpster, and I stood up. You know those bars that are on the dumpster that the tuckl grips on to to dump it? Well, I slamed my head into that. I was wearing a hat, but that didn't prevent me from getting a gash in my head about 3/4 of an inch long. It was pretty bloody. Ended up having 3 staples put in my head. And I have a headache. Kinda hurt....
  2. Ow. On the day after your birthday too..
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Yeah, I tend to injure myself like that around specail days. A week before my wedding, i sliced my thumb open, and nipped my extensor tendon. That was pretty bloody, too. My thumb was in a brace, and I was giving a constant thumbs up. When the pastor said. "You may now kiss the bride," I stuck it out to the congregation, and everyone laughed.
  4. I'm sorry that had to happen Trev, I hope you get better soon! I hope that it's not serious; it probably isn't as horrible as it looks. There's a lot of pressure in your head, so wounds to the area tend to bleed alot, even if the wound is small. Get well soon! :)
  5. ESP Eden

ESP Eden

Feb 9, 2004
    washington mo
    pics? ;)

Just kidding. One of my cousins has had staples in his head so many times. I think like 6. He is a crazy little guy. I tell him to wear a helmet al the time.
  6. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    It's kinda strange. The staples are these little shiny things, in my scalp! It feels wierd. I haven't seen them. But i guess if I showed them to a mirror, and turned around faster than the speed of light, I could see them. That would be cool
  7. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    here's a pic for those interested.....
  8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I did that one time on a piece of pipe sticking out of the wall for a hot water heater in a garage.

It left a small chunk of my scalp on the end of the pipe. I saved it in my truck for a few days, kinda like how the Indians used to do, but it shriveled up, and started to stink, so I threw it away.

9. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Dude, that is hardcore. Aand a bit wierd. But hardcore nonetheless.
  10. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    That is one ugly looking gash. It will leave a cool scar, but nobody will notice it until you lose all your hair.
  11. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    which I know wil happen, with how my family is. We lose hair, most deifinitely. It's gonna suck washing my hair. I can't get the wound very wet, and no scrubbing
  12. Never was there a better excuse to get dreds.
  13. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I got staples once when I was a wee boy. Hurt like all get out from what I can remeber, the nurse had me in friggin headlock..."This wont hurt a bit." :eyebrow:
  14. I had to fake a neck injury so I could be replaced in rugby today. Long story short, I got ****ed up because the first aid people though I was seriously hurt and sent me off to a physio to be checked out. Not that I mind because I played more than the legal amount of rugby in 24 hours anyway.

15. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    more than the legal amount? Wow, that is interesting. There is a legal limit to rugby playing. That's pretty hardcore, too!
  16. yeah, i've done that too, only not as hard...or maybe its just the fact that i have a thick skull!

well, as long as you can remember how to play the bass, you're fine!

17. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    That's better.