Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got injured today...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Trevorus, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I am a maintainance guy, and we have to clean up around our buildings a lot. Well, I was cleaning around the dumpster, and I stood up. You know those bars that are on the dumpster that the tuckl grips on to to dump it? Well, I slamed my head into that. I was wearing a hat, but that didn't prevent me from getting a gash in my head about 3/4 of an inch long. It was pretty bloody. Ended up having 3 staples put in my head. And I have a headache. Kinda hurt....

2. Ow. On the day after your birthday too..

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Yeah, I tend to injure myself like that around specail days. A week before my wedding, i sliced my thumb open, and nipped my extensor tendon. That was pretty bloody, too. My thumb was in a brace, and I was giving a constant thumbs up. When the pastor said. "You may now kiss the bride," I stuck it out to the congregation, and everyone laughed.

4. I'm sorry that had to happen Trev, I hope you get better soon! I hope that it's not serious; it probably isn't as horrible as it looks. There's a lot of pressure in your head, so wounds to the area tend to bleed alot, even if the wound is small. Get well soon! :)

5. ESP Eden

ESP Eden

Feb 9, 2004
    washington mo
    pics? ;)

Just kidding. One of my cousins has had staples in his head so many times. I think like 6. He is a crazy little guy. I tell him to wear a helmet al the time.

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    It's kinda strange. The staples are these little shiny things, in my scalp! It feels wierd. I haven't seen them. But i guess if I showed them to a mirror, and turned around faster than the speed of light, I could see them. That would be cool

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    here's a pic for those interested.....

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I did that one time on a piece of pipe sticking out of the wall for a hot water heater in a garage.

It left a small chunk of my scalp on the end of the pipe. I saved it in my truck for a few days, kinda like how the Indians used to do, but it shriveled up, and started to stink, so I threw it away.

-Mike

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Dude, that is hardcore. Aand a bit wierd. But hardcore nonetheless.

10. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    That is one ugly looking gash. It will leave a cool scar, but nobody will notice it until you lose all your hair.

11. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    which I know wil happen, with how my family is. We lose hair, most deifinitely. It's gonna suck washing my hair. I can't get the wound very wet, and no scrubbing

12. Never was there a better excuse to get dreds.

13. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I got staples once when I was a wee boy. Hurt like all get out from what I can remeber, the nurse had me in friggin headlock..."This wont hurt a bit." :eyebrow:

14. I had to fake a neck injury so I could be replaced in rugby today. Long story short, I got ****ed up because the first aid people though I was seriously hurt and sent me off to a physio to be checked out. Not that I mind because I played more than the legal amount of rugby in 24 hours anyway.

Leigh

15. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    more than the legal amount? Wow, that is interesting. There is a legal limit to rugby playing. That's pretty hardcore, too!

16. yeah, i've done that too, only not as hard...or maybe its just the fact that i have a thick skull!

well, as long as you can remember how to play the bass, you're fine!

Charlie

17. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    That's better.