i got it !! (Mesa Inside)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by icks, Dec 21, 2003.

1. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I finally have what I was looking for, a mesa boogie stack !

I had this saturday mine mesa 1516 to go wiht my m2000 head. Sounds terrible, will post pics asap.
  2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Yeehah! Go you!

Sounds terrible, huh? It's just not loud enough yet. Turn it up!
  3. Sounds terrible???

I'll beat you to a picture!!!

:p ;) :D

4. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I got prob with my digital camera... Won't post pics until I find the driver for XP for a HP photosmart C618.
  5. :rolleyes:

You could sell the cab and get a new camera. I'm loving that cab...looks to be the all-around frequency-spectrum-coverage monster that destroys all others. Good job, go Mesa.
  6. Maybe he means "terrible" in a good way:D Keeping with the topic of new cabs, I just got a new Powerhouse 2x10. it sounds killer with my Music Man HD 212 and my 400+ or my D-180( I just need some JJ's tubes for the D-180). Funny thing though the Mesa 2x10 sounds better when i put it under the 2x12's. When I do that the 10's don't fart out at all if I boost the bass a lot. I'll try to post pics, but I'll have to wait for my brother to come over for X-mas with his Digi cam.

So for now here is this.
  7. You have a problem with your Mesa 10's farting out too? I asked this question on a forum a few months ago and all I got was it was my bass/technique/battery/old cables/electronics short/solar flares/swamp gas...etc. Nice to know somebody else has that problem. I just can't imagine putting my 4x10 under my 2x15 to solve it, though.
  8. well he's talking about a 2x10 cab. The Eden 2x10 I had would fart out too if I really laid into the B string - I guess you could do that to a 4x10 as well, but you'd have to really be hitting it or have the bass freqs cranked too high.
  9. Well, it wasn't really a problem, i was just going a little too extreme on the bass boost. G&L L2500=high output + Series swith on + 400+ deep sound + B string =:spit: phlllllllllffff. I think that will make any 10" fart.

But when I put the cab under the 2x12 the farting almost went away.

I was just experimenting, or extremely bored.

Have you tried putting your cabs side by side. Maybe that can help.
  10. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium

Yep in a very good way !
  11. The only terrible thing is that you haven't posted any pics yet!!!!!

12. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    sorry i can't fix that problem...
    the eternal struggle: Driver vs XP ....