Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i got it.....tobias signature 4!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 513rocks.com, Jan 19, 2006.

1. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    ive had the bass for a couple days now, i cant believe how awesome these basses are. all the bad things ive heard about the gibson tobias really kept me from getting one for the last year. i owned (or my brother did) a pre-gibson tobias years ago and this one sounds and plays just as good, and it looks beautiful!! its zebrawood/wedge/zebrawood. the tobias necks are really cool. i can play so fast and clean. the bartolini pups do seem a little noisy but i might think about replacing them later. it really reminds me on my old spector ns4 but tuns better. its very versitle.
    i dont know if i just happened to get a better than average tobias but if you get a chance, check one of these out.

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    TB Rule #1 on claiming you have new gear: No pics, it doesn't exist!:p

3. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    If you bought this one at the guitar center in fairfield I will hate you and curse your name for all eternity.Your right next to me and that sounds exactly like the one their.

Ive been saving for that one for two years and made sure to play her every time I was in.

4. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    pics....... i sent you a pm. dont hate ;)

5. Congrats!! GAS for a bass is an awful thing - did you make them an offer they couldn't refuse?:)

6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
  7. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    That is a sweet looking Tobias. That is the best looking bass I have seen with Zebrawood IMO.

8. I've had Tobias GAS for ages!!! I think Tobias was the first bass I ever GAS'd over actually, lol. Too bad they discontinued their Toby Pro lines, I was really liking what those had to offer. I guess I'll wait a few more years until I am able to take one off of someone's hands :D .

Oh yeah, CONGRATS you lucky mother-thumper!

-ryan-