Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Abluesbassist, Oct 4, 2004.

1. hey guys just felt like venting alittle, i got laid off today and started to think that the only things i know how to do are clean carpets( my old job) and play bass. i'm now looking for some thing new but i guess i'm gonna have to go to a convience store or something like that. i am thinking on going back to school and finish my degree ( in music ) and maybe i can land a teaching gig but oh wel just felt like venting.

the wost thing is i still owe about $1000 on my new bass
  2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  3. sort out your thoughts over a few cold beers.then apply your ass off.
  4. This isny something to be joking about guys.
    I'm sorry that you got laid off, it must be really tough.
    I hope you get a job soon. I'll be prayin for ya
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    where do you live bro? State of GROOVEN' doesn't tell me much.

6. ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    Yeah guys, a carpet cleaning job lay-off amongst the severities & truly meaningful things in life is NOT something to be taken lightly.

It's all good Ablues, you'll have another gig in no time. SAVOR these days you have off, it's not the end of the world.
  7. That sucks, man. Living in the land of steel mills, I know how that affects people and I'm sorry to hear it. Atleast it didn't happen when you had a wife and kids like it happened to my Dad and many others around here. Glad those days are over! :p

I hope you get another job soon, but in the mean time, enjoy the time off!
  8. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Good luck man.

Too bad it was laid off and not just laid.
  9. Good luck, keep your spirits up :) .

I was laid off twice in two years, believe me when I say "I understand". Soon you will encouner the right opportunity and you will be a member of the workforce again. :bassist:
  10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    In in your shoes as well, our office is closing as the company tries to stave off death. Good Luck!
  11. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Sorry to hear it. I've been looking for a job for the past 3 months or so. The good news (at least where I am) is that I'm finding a lot more jobs to apply for than I did when I started looking for a job in mid 2002. That time took me 6 months to find a full-time job and I wasn't seeing many to apply for. It's just a matter of getting interviews of those that I'm applying for. That's more than half the battle IMO. I've applied for 5 in the past 2 weeks, all of which seemed like good jobs that I'd be interested in.

brad cook
  12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I was in the printing industry for 20 years. I got laid off alot. The last time was in 1997. I have since moved onto other endeavours.
    It happens in all facets of commerce.
    It's not something you can easily predict, or react well to. But, it happens to many of us regardless of location.

What's important now is how you deal with it.

Get back out there and good luck!
  13. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

What this Mad Man said ...

And, don't forget:

Attitude makes the person.

Nice to post after you again, Pimpride, how ya been?
  14. Sorry man, good luck with the job. Have you considered a GED/community college for the long-term?