1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I got me a Hoof

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JoshC, Sep 25, 2008.

1. JoshC

JoshC

Nov 19, 2006
    Lancaster, PA
    This is a modified green big muff made by Earthquaker Devices. It pretty much brings the rock. For real it is an awesomely gritty fuzz that cleans up well and has tones of volume on tap. It seems to do a good job at keeping bottom too at the volumes I've been playing at. I've only played with it for an hour or so, but it has been a most fun pedal to play with. It seems like it stacks well with my Huckleberry too, which made a fun synthetic type fuzz. :ninja:Unfortunately I have no recording gear other then audacity and the line out on my amp. So I doubt any clips I recorded would do anything justice. But I can try if anyone wants. Anyway. Pics! :bassist:
    sce6hf.

Link to pedal:
    http://www.earthquakerdevices.com/devices/hoof.htm
    He told me he would also make a bass version for the same price with a few cap changes if anyone is interested.

2. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    These are made by the guitar player for the band Party of Helicopters (RIP). That guy always had amazing tone (as did the bass player), If his guitar tone is any clue, I'm sure these are some sweet, full sounding pedals!

3. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    I would love to hear some clips, even if only to get a small idea of the sound of the pedal. I've been looking for "my" fuzz sound for quite a while.

4. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    There's a decent set of videos and soundclips on the EarthQuaker site. Check the above link.

5. Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Feb 8, 2006
    Mexico
    Do you think its necesary to have that mod??? I plan to order one but not sure if standard of modded for bass

6. If its anything like my green muff, it should work just fine with bass without any mods