Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got my BP200 Yesterday

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nazman, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Nazman

Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    :bawl:

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    ...good thread?

3. Nazman

Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    Well, the little guy crying should say it all

4. you didn't like it?
    what didn't you like about it?

5. Nazman

Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    The presets are useless..Who needs space sounds?
    I just want to get a good thick sound and have distortion at my feet when I need it..
    I am going to play with it some more tonight.
    Maybe I just need a distortion and a chous pedal..

6. Let me know if you don't really like it. I may wanna take it off your hands.

7. dbaser

dbaser

Jan 22, 2005
    Mobile, AL
  8. Nazman

Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    You have any indivudual bass pedals to trade? if not I will sell it for $100.00..It has the case , the manual and the power supply..It is like new

9. the only thing I've got is a Rocktek Phaser pedal I just got off of MF, but I doubt you'd want that since you said you don't want spacey sounds. Let me talk to the wifey and we'll see what we can work out. I get paid tomorrow, so it may definitely be a possibilty. Where in Dallas are ya?? I work in Hurst and might be able to meet up with ya

10. Nazman

Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    I sent you a PM

11. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    It took me a while to get used to it but I love it. FuzzFaze is amazing, FatFuzz is amazing, RockWah is nice, Crunch is good, Space is sweet! How can you not like space!? Try doing the effect and then putting the pedal up and trying it.

Also try the effect "Sweep" and "Slappin."

12. Nazman

Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    I am going to mess with it some more tonight..Maybe I can find good settings I like ..Or create my own..
    What setting would you use for lets says "Comfortably Numb" and "Iron Man"
    Would iron man have a hint of fuzz?

13. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'm not sure about Floyd, but for Black Sabbath, i'd use Amped or Crunch. For some Cliff Burton type things, try Fuzz Faze of Fat Fuzz.

Vibro is cool too if you put the pedal up for stuff like Nature Boy.

I've learned my BP-200 (for the most part) so if you've got questions shoot. I used to hate mine too, for the most part, I like it now.

14. Nazman

Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX

15. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I'm personally not the biggest fan of the BP200, but I don't think it's entirely fair to judge any multi fx unit on the quality of the presets alone.

With any multi fx I've had, there's generally been some ok presets as examples but I haven't known for sure whether I like it or not until I build my own.

16. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Thats exactly what I did. I tried one out and couldn't figure out what I would use 90% of the settings for. It was just to much work for a little distortion and chorus. Some of the setting are just dumb. Like the "space sounds"

I bought a Sansamp BDDI ,Boss CEB-3 Chorus pedal and I have an Ibanez PD7 Distortion pedal on the way. It's a lot more expensive this way but I get exactly what I want.

17. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    It's a cheap multi-fx pedal. Don't use the presets. Make your own.

18. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    How could I make my own effects? That's one thing I haven't messed with.

19. Nazman

Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    The pedal is great if your playing a style of music that is suited for the effects..But I am playing classic rock and classic metal..It just doesnt suit my bands style.

Petary791,

If you want to make your own just read the manual that came with it..it is very easy to do ...