Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got my first car!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by I.'.I.'.Nakoa, Jun 26, 2003.

1. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    wELL, I ended up not getting the Caddy i wanted. ( for the fear of maintenance costs.) I got a 91 lincoln towncar, signature series. All black, black leather interior, air suspension. the previous owner put in a sony cd player and an amp. he also replaced the stock speakers with some really nice ones.

Heres a pic:

2. Pimp it out! Pimp it out! :)

Congrats dude!

-Jon:oops:

P.S- I like your driveway;)

3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    very very pimpish

4. Congrats!! I'm saving for a car myself. Nice little Renault Clio I think...

5. I'm just gonna say one word....

DUBZ!

6. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    much better choice, IMO. RWD is much better than FWD, especially in texas. black out all the chrome, tint the windows, get a big exhaust system, and throw on some black rims. THEN you'll be like frickin darth vader.

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Very sweet ride!

I love old big cars! I bet that one will have plenty of room for you rig, or friends.

Wanna see what Im aiming for?

[​IMG]

Early 60s late 70s Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser Station wagon. =) Yeah, its the car from "That 70's Show"

Peace
    Nick

8. Nakoa,

Congrats.
    Nice to get some new wheels.

It looks even more gas guzzling than the one I picked up on Monday. At least I can get all my rig in the back though. :D

Tiger PreRunner 3L.

9. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    Osama: Definately a pimp ride!:) Thats the yard, i had to park there for some reason, but our driveway isnt much better.

Bp13; thanks, all i need now is a fur coat!

Jason: Its already had the windows tinted. I thought about doing the chrome black out thing, how expensive would it be and how would i go about doing it?

Nick: thanks. Its got a ton of room, i could fit 2 of me in the trunk( im pretty big, about 6' 250lbs):D

Yotts: thanks.

DpK::cool:

10. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    Nice truck!

It actually gets like 15 mpg(city driving) it has this cool button that you push and tells you all kind of neat things. How many miles left, trip odometer, temp, fuel remaining, how many mpg.

11. Thanks, found since having it that poeople don't tend to take liberties any more. :)

Wow, only 15MPG?
    The Truck does around 35MPG, but it is EFi Diesel.
    Not bad for a 3 litre, and the great thing is that diesel fuel is only $1.12c a gallon out here in Thailand.

Wish I had your onboard computer on the truck though.

12. dude, slam that thing on its nutz and roll on some 18" rims with some z rated 40 rubber...

and find a way to black out the tails

13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    My friend has a 1992 Crown Victoria and he's proud of that fact that he could fit 2 of him (he's about your size) or 3 slightly smaller people in the trunk comfortably. The comfort of his victims... I mean passengers is his #1 priority. ;)

Peace
    Nick

14. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    make sure its either pink or purple...

...and don't forget the matching hat with the feather!;) :D

15. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Dope ride, my friend, pure dope. :cool:

I was gonna get a '98 or newer Town Car or Crown Vic and hook it up before I decided on going new and getting a Honda Accord 4dr or BMW 325i. The costs of maintainances, even being low on a Town Car, and the fact of being inconvenienced by car troubles changed my reasoning to purchasing a new car. Both the new cars come with 4 yr warrantees (then I'd get an extended), so thats pretty good.

Good luck wit ur wheels and make that shiz look hot. :D

16. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Its a 1969.

17. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Ooops my mistake.

I meant to say Im looking for a late 60's early 70's vista cruiser, not early 60's late 70's.

BTW, Im aware of the year, I believe it says it on the e-bay auction I grabbed that from.

Peace
    Nick

18. nice car Nakoa..I just bought this the day before yesterday..I'm digging it:p
    [​IMG]