I got my first REAL amp!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Guss, Jan 1, 2003.

1. I've just upgraded from my Squire BP-15, to a 100-watt Peavy TKO-115. The first time I used it, I was pleased to knock some decoations of my Grandma's wall.:p (Nothing broke, and she thought it was funny.) Wondering if anybody could give some comments on this amp. What do you think of it? Give me some honest opinions please.
    The only thing that would make me happier is the 200 watt:TNT-115. This does more than great for me though.

Know the only step is to get rid of that dern Squire P.;)
  2. I remember my first Peavey - I liked it so much I kept it around long after I should have... made a great practice amp! Loaded with a Black Widow... I Liked that so much I have loaded all of my satellite cabs with BW's...
    Still one of the most bullet-proof amps you'll ever find...
  3. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    Aside from the amp being butt heavy, I think you'll be happy with it as Peavey is a very reliable brand.
  4. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    My only beef with the TKO was that 75 watts doesnt seem enough to properly drive a 15... I think you need atleast 120 watts. That is why my dad got me the TNT... the TKO holds its ground though...
  5. i thought peavey didn't put black widows in the TKOs anymore...
  6. primus', never a truer word has been spoken about the weight of that little amp - my arms still ache just thinkin' about it. I think that's why I went to 'individual everything' - that way I can take what I need (and leave the rest at home). But thank the Lord for castors...
  7. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Stud bull! He cat! LOL good one!
  8. It is heavy. Too heavy. Damn. Heavy.
    I tried to carry it upstairs. It took me and my brother to do it.
  9. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    My first amp many moons ago was a TKO75 with the black widow speaker. I still have it, it's a tank.