1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I got my first rig today!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jbasso, Apr 3, 2006.

1. jbasso

jbasso

Mar 1, 2006
    Hugo, MN
    So I have been playing for almost a year, on an Ibanez gsr and crate 15w amp. Yeah, not the best gear, but it was the best I could afford at the time. About a month or so ago, I got my Ibanez sr905, which is great, but still didnt sound great through the POS amp. I finally got enough money to pick up a head/cab... So I picked up some GK stuff today. Backline 600 head and a 210BLX-II cab. Brought it home, set it up, and wow...My ibby sings now, sounds VERY nice. I am very glad I purchased this stuff, although it may not be as good as your 2000 dollar+ rigs, it does a great job for what I need. I will probably end up buying another cab later on in life, but this is great for now. I just thought I would share. Anyone else love the semi-budget GK stuff?

sxekjd.

sxekxj.

sxel5e.

Again, it may not be amazing, but it is amazing to me, I love the tone I have dialed in right now, and it is VERSITILE! I love it.

2. I bet nobody else on talkbass had that nice of a setup within their first year of playing! In fact I'd bet money on it! That is some nice gear, I almost bought the same bass in 4 string.

3. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    I got a Backline 112, and its great! But I only got a Squire MB-4 right now.

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I got a GK 1001RB for my first real amp. That and an Eden 210. Really good setup! I haven't tried the backline stuff, but I really like GK stuff!

5. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Pasco, WA
    Right on!

Nice rig man!

:D

Joe.

6. jbasso

jbasso

Mar 1, 2006
    Hugo, MN
    Thanks guys, it sure as hell isnt the best gear on talkbass, but I do love it!

7. jpark

jpark

Feb 2, 2006
    WV
    I have a kustom groovebass 1200h head, ampeg svt410he and svt1510he, and have been playing a little over a year on bass. I work my ass off for my money and gigs pay for most of my gear. But I play with an sx75jb, which is probably my favorite part of my whole setup. Oh, Todd Stanley, paypal is good for me, haha.

That's a great rig OP. you're happy with the sound, so that's all that matters.

8. PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog

Aug 25, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nice rig there dude !!!!!! congrats

9. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Great rig! I love GK heads and the voicing of the eq.

10. brisonic

brisonic

Jan 1, 2006
    san diego
    The key here is you enjoy the sound, hopefully it motivates you to play more.

11. i've been playin 2 years and i just got a new combo :eyebrow:

your one lucky dude

12. You're definately doing well as far as gear goes for the amount of time you've been playing. I didn't move past combo amps untill 4 years of playing. Good choice and good luck with your playing.

13. Excellent first rig! I wish I had something that nice when I started. You lucky dawg, you. Enjoy!

14. Dude, those Ibbys are nice!!!My first real bass was a Peavey t-40.Sure wish they made that Ibby back then heck, if I could find one of those for a good deal I'd snach it up!That's how nice I feel those Basses play!CONGRATS!!!

15. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Nice rig dude. Makes me wanna get my act together and get out of the combo rut.

Enjoy the volume, let your neighours know your home!!

16. Rat

Rat

Mar 15, 2005
    Boston Sewers
    Very Nice ....but then again I'm Biased

that bass is sweet

17. No need to apologize for being on a budget, man. You done good, and I hope the neighbors start complaining about the volume.

18. Looks like a gig ready rig to me. Congratulations!

19. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    My first year or two was through a Gorilla-5 amp (5 watts!). Congrats.