Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got my first ticket!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Just a parking violation.... $35

I parked in the staff parking lot at school, and I guess today the school cop decided to go give everyone tickets...

I parked in front of the bandroom. My first period is in the band... so is my last. Makes sense that I should park in front of it, right?

None of the staff even park over by the band room... Most of the staff park in the STUDENT parking lot because it is closer to their classrooms.

Its BS, but not worth contesting.

:p

2. gratz? :confused:

3. Uhoh... think about the implications of this post... ;)

4. When my friend gets tickets for parking in the teacher parking he rips em up and throws em away. So far (few months) he hasn't gotten in trouble and hasn't paid anything for them. Not saying I'm telling you to do so, that's your choice, but shows how lame schools and their parking violations for the damn parking lot is.

5. My first (and only) ticket was January of last year while I did 30 in a 20 (school zone).

6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Lotsa tickets for the slightest of infractions are being handed out nationwide.

With states and municipalities comin' up short on tax dollars to splurge on, they got the target painted on the motorist, boaters, rec vehicles, and rec licensing.

This is civil revenue generation 101. Look for tickets being handed out for 5 over in residential areas, parking infractions, expired meters. That's local law enforcement doing their part to help keep the coffers flush for cash anyway they can get it.

Be careful out there.

7. Tickets. Little chits that remind us "we must be protected from ourselves!!!" :rolleyes:

Got my first speeding ticket 3 yrs ago on my motorcycle. Spring day, nice outside, not a single soul in sight, riding down a windy road on my Ducati. Nailed for 48 in a 35. :meh:

Yeah, like I was putting anyone in danger. :rolleyes:

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    I think I will contest it...

I have percussion ensemble in the morning, so I have to sometimes make 2-4 trips back out to the truck to get all my stuff in, usually just 2... one for back pack and bass, one for my amp...

I am not dragging a peavey TNT all the way across campus. I refuse to carry it across the street from the park.

The side walk in front of the band room is a red zone, so I cant just unload then go park...

I think I can beat it.

9. The city of East Lansing must be filthy rich by now in that case. I've visited friends there numerous times over the past few years (thankfully not driving every time), and I'm pretty sure the driver has gotten a parking ticket EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! Far as I can tell, it is simply not possible to park overnight without paying $25-35 for it except in a driveway (which is always full at my friends' house). My last (currently pending) ticket was the result of parking in an MSU faculty lot that was, according to the sign, only enforced between 7am-5pm or something of that sort. Imagine my surprise (to put it nicely) when I got up BEFORE SEVEN FREAKING AM (the day after St Paddy's day...yes I was hungover), walked several chilly blocks to the lot, and found a ticket for parking between 2-6am!! I would've received the same ticket had I just parked across the street from my friends' house and slept in till noon, except I thought I was following the law this way.

To add insult to injury, my friend and I went to pay our separate parking tickets that morning before leaving the city, and guess what...no public parking at the courthouse! We had to pay a parking garage to avoid getting a parking ticket while paying our parking tickets!!!! Needless to say, I despise the city of East Lansing. :spit: :mad: :spit:

BTW, Mike...definitely contest every parking ticket you get unless it's really cheap if you pay it quickly (eg, in Ann Arbor, an expired meter ticket is only $5 if you pay it the same or next day). I got one of my EL tickets ($35!!) revoked simply by filling out a form on a website.

10. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I had $700 in parking tickets last year.

Catch up.

11. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Simply because something is inconvenient does not mean you can break the law.

12. Sounds like the same thing I get away with. I always park in the loading drive which is right next to the band area. Hehe. This is in the evenings, though.

13. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Jesus..mike money can drive? Thank god I'm in England with a few thousand miles of pond between us.

PS - let me know if you ever get an aqua-car.

14. lol, yoshi, that's exactly what i was talking about when i mentioned. "implications"

15. I'm currently running from the police right now. SUPER WIRELESS CONNECTION.

$ 941,484.45 in tickets.

16. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Tickets are a problem for me as well. In the past six months I've gotten 4 speeding tickets. My mom said she'd take me off insurance if I ever got one. Luckily she doesn't know about any of them yet.

Within Memphis, I was busted for 45 in a 30 (reduced to a 35 in a 30 :p ), and a 50 in a 40 (reduced to a 45 in a 40), and in Bartlett, 55 in a 40, and 52 in a 40. I got the 45 in a 40 dismissed, payed the 55 and 35, but I'm still waiting to pay the 52. What really puzzled me is, to pay off the 35 in Memphis, was $25, in Bartlett, both tickets are $95.

I still haven't learned my lesson. :ninja:

~Patrick

17. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    So my mom was like "Clean your room" and I'm like "No way fascist, I'm the Punkest", then I stabbed her with my Linkin Park pen... My mom said she doesn't want me skating in the house but i was like "No way Hitler" and I kick-flipped to indy grind on the cat.

That about says it all about how you feel about rules. She can't deal with the the cops can.

tk

18. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    I think I'm gonna 5-0 grind that cop's rear-bumper... With a shirt that says "Megadeth" on it. That would be sweet.