Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got my metro today!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by maurilio, Jul 31, 2004.

1. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner at Mo's Shop - Tech at Nordstrand Supporting Member

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings
    Hi guys,
    today I got my new Sadowsky MS5 with VTC! Nice, great sound! The action is a hair high for my taste, but it`s something easy to fix. Right now I`ve only played it in my small studio. This evening I have a gig... I`ll post my impressions.
    I don`t have a digital camera, so I post the pics from the web site, sorry! (by the way, it`s exactly the same in person!).

Mo`

2. maurilio

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings
    more pics...

3. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    **Envious Leer*** :bag:

Seriously, Congrats man! I am still a few weeks to go on mine.
    Guess i wont get it in time to record... :crying:

4. maurilio

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    I opened the control cavity to check the battery (just to be sure this evening..... bad experience you know?! not with Sadowsky, tho!!!) and I`m wondering about the preamp... it looks different from the regular one that`s installed in the US made.... :eyebrow:

What`s the deal? I`m going to call the shop next week.

Anyway, I like it :hyper:

Mo`

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

What a beautiful piece of Swamp Ash, congrads on getting such a wonderful instrument.

6. maurilio

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Thanks MM! yeap, it`s a good looking baby!

At the end I went with a standard, but I still gasin' for a modern 24!
    Well, not in the near future :smug: I`m getting married soon, so... :)

Mo`

7. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    Great snag, Mo. That's the cousin to my MV5. Enjoy!

8. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    What a fantastic body!!! Must be playing great, congratulations.

9. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Nice!!!!!!!! Play it much!

Rob

10. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.

11. maurilio

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Thank you Roger, appreciate!... make sense and I had the confirmation this evening...
    I just got back from the gig and man, what a bass! Everybody in the band was complimenting about the sound and the look!
    I`m very satisfied. I lowered a little the action and is perfect, easy to play and nice round punchy sound!

For what I can remember, there's no difference between the US made I used to own and the metro, good job "Sadowsky"!

This week I'm gonna check it in different rooms and styles, but I'm already sure this is a keeper!

Mo`

12. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Congratulation on a really sweet bass!!!

13. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    That is a sweet, sweet bass (I have GAS for the same model.) Heartiest congratulations!

14. tommysalami

tommysalami

Jul 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Schweeeeet Bass!! I bought my MV4,Ash,Black w Maple Board in June & it's just killer.

15. maurilio

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    thanks to all of you!
    It`s really a nice bass and it sounds sweet!

Mo`

16. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Hey Mo,

Looks like you found one exactly like the one from Bass NW. Glad to hear. I've really been enjoying mine an am sure it will be the same for you.

Best Wishes,
    Bones

17. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Glad to here your Metro is working out well, their truly great instruments. :bassist:

18. I want one!!! :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

19. GGG

GGG

Jul 1, 2004
    wish Sadowsky will produce Metro Vintage P...
    and hope i can afford it by then. :bassist:

20. ksukev

ksukev

Aug 24, 2004
    Kansas
    Can't wait, my Sadowsky gets in tomorrow. I've never played one before (Kansas guy here) and I bought Sadowsky for two reasons. I've never heard a bad word about Roger or his basses and was tired of the crappy customer service I got from the makers of my other basses (MODULUS). I bought a piece of $300 equipment (RSD-1)from Roger over 4 years ago and he's treated me like a king ever since. I spent over $5000 on my Modulus basses and those goons treated me like a beggar hitting them up for $$. While the Modulus still plays well and sounds great, I was needing something a little less modern sounding and I must admit, I wont miss talking to the jokers at Modulus one bit. Can't wait to take my new Sadowsky out of the box tomorrow!!! By the way, she's a Vintage 5 Metro, transparent white with a tort pickguard, rosewood board.