Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got my MIA Fender Jazz Plus!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DarkMazda, Nov 30, 2000.

1. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Hey guys!! I just got my MIA Fender Jazz Bass Plus today!!! Its pretty cool!! Its basically a MIA Fender Jazz Bass with the J Pickups taken out and Bartolini Soapbars put in it!! Its soo cool!! I was soo excitd when i plugged it in.. and the bass didn't sound great at all!! It sounded really bad and muddy.. i was like "***?!??!?!?!?!?!" and i asked analogkid9 what might be the problem and he told me to check in the back inside the cap to see if there is a battery inside.. and AH HA!!! there IS a battery inside! and its a freaking Radio Shack battery... I guess this guy didn't use his bass that much after awhile ... so I guess this COULD solve the problem!!! Here are some pics of the 1991 MIA Fender Jazz Bass Plus with Bartolini Soapbars!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll keep ya guys updated on the sound after the batteries are replaced!

DM

2. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Does anyone else notice anything suspicious about this bass? C'mon, Fender folks...

DM, have you had the guys on the FDP take a look at that thing? And check that serial number against their website; see if you came to the same conclusion I did (at least about the neck).

But I could be wrong...

[Edited by lump on 11-30-2000 at 03:47 AM]

3. UCWhatUdid

UCWhatUdid

Oct 2, 2000
    All I gotta say is that doesn't look like any Fender j-bass body I've ever seen.

Hmmm, is that a tug on my leg I'm feeling?

4. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Remember these factors....

1) Its a Jazz PLUS, which is a discontinued Model, which didn't have a control plate or pickguard...

2) The guy took out the Fender J Pickups and replaced them with Bartolinis

:)

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Looks like one to me, the extra pot's probably for EQ.

How's the Salas working out, DM?

6. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Brad: GOTTA LOVE IT!!! MWAHAHAHA :D I love it... some guy e-mailed me about getting a Salas!! I wish him good luck on it.. :D I just loved the looks of the people in Guitar Center when I brought my Bass in ahhahaahahhaha!! They were just DROOOLING and STARING at the Salas :)

DM

7. LOL That would be me "some guy",indeed!!! :D

8. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Usul: e-mail bassalone yet? :D

DM

9. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    What did you get?? :D Salas is DEFINATELY worth the $$$.. and quote me on that :D!!!

10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Done;)

11. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Brad: hahahaha!! I think this bass is aobut 2-3x worth the money seriously!! IMHO! $919 and a bass this great?? man.. i should order a salas 5 string!!! i tuned my salas to Drop-D.. my GOD!! THE D WAS SOO NICE!!! couldn't believe it!!