Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got my Moses Jazz Bass Copy!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DarkMazda, Dec 13, 2000.

1. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Woohoooo!! look at what I got from UPS today!! Moses Custom Jazz Bass Copy! I bought it used from http://www.guitar-villa.com for $1100 with free shipping!! Man!! THis bass is in GREAT GREAT shape!! its like brand new!! They took very good care of it! Here are some of the specs

Jazz Bass body (warmoth most likely) so i dunno waht kinda wood but maybe someone can tell me

EMG Jazz Bass style Pickups

Badass Bass II Bridge

Moses Graphite J-Style Neck

My God!! This Bass for $610!?!?!? I think its a GREAT GREAT DEAL AND THE SOUND IS AWESOME!!! I Can'T believe it!! I love it!! This will be beat ANY Fender 4 strings! :D Here are some pics now

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

As you can tell in the first pic, the camera didn't do a good job taking the color but the color is seen in the back of the body pic! Im gonna love this bass
    :D

[Edited by DarkMazda on 02-11-2001 at 07:26 PM]

2. Dang!, that's sweet! Kudos on the price too.

I really want to like the graphite necks. I love space age materials and this application is the perfect marriage but I have yet to play one that gives the tone I like. For instance, the local Mars has a Modulus Graphite Jazz and it sounds like the neck and body were made of bread dough. I don't quite understand it. I would figure at over $1500 it should pretty much sing.

3. Have you tried the Modulus Fleabass (or any other Modulus I suppose)? I didn't really like the tones I got out of the Modulus VJ either, but it was hard for me to put the the FB away.

4. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Mazda: Judging from the grain pattern, the body looks like ash.

5. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Christopher.... I guess it is.. it is heavier than most Alder bodied basses i'ved played.. so I guess its ash :)

DM

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats, DM!

I hope this one works out better than the last 2 did.

That is one sweet looking bass, looks like northern(heavy!) ash, I'll bet it's got a pretty bright tone, with EMGs, northern ash and graphite.

7. Dude, that bass looks cool, especially with that transluscent blue paint job. When I first saw it, I was pretty sure it was ash, or at least it looks that way. How does it sound?

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

:DLaffs@Croz's signature!:p

9. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    this bass has a tone like Flea~ if you listen to him :) I like that tone hehe -=)

DM

10. just wonderin how you like the neck??I was thinking about getting a Moses neck for my fretless jazz special.I changed the p\u's a couple years ago,but now my fingerboard is less than perfect due to many years of stainless steel roundwounds.let us know what you think after you had a little time with it

11. Saint

Saint

Mar 2, 2000
    DC - USA
    a very cool looking bass.
    What is the fretboard made of? In your picture it looks like ebony, but it's hard to tell.

By the way, how's that Salas doing?

12. fatboy

fatboy

Jul 7, 2000
    You're right about the Fender DM. I love the graphite. Great sustain!

13. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    rekesbass: I love the neck, its fast and its like a PBass neck! The thing I really wanted :) Which was Jazz Bass + PBass Neck :) I love it

Saint: The fretboard is all graphite too from what I see.. I don't see any wood patterns and it looks different from my Salas Fretboard, which is ebony. SO i guess its all graphite :) and Salas is doing fine and I still love it to hell.. you should seriously get one ;)

fatboy: Its not a Fender body :) Its made by Warmoth from what I'm thinking.. I've never really seen a Translucent blue Fender with that Turtle Shell type pickguard ;) And having Active EMGs installed? :)

steamboat: I WANT A FLEABASS!!! GRR!!! :mad:

DM

[Edited by DarkMazda on 12-20-2000 at 11:31 AM]

14. fatboy

fatboy

Jul 7, 2000
    Good! Let Fender bashing continue until they are all destroyed. What kinda string ya uzin?

15. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Stingray, maybe it is a troll:D

16. :D ;)

17. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Brad: Stingray!??!?!
    Stingray: Troll?! hehhe
    *CONFUSED* O_O

fatboy: im not bashing Fenders... I like older fenders ...... im just saying its not a Fender body but its a Fender Jazz Bass body copy hehe ;)

DM