Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got my neck from Warmoth!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Jul 8, 2004.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    After 6 weeks i FINALLY got my neck from warmoth. yes, 6 weeks from sending away the fax until it arrived in a 4ft long box on my front door step. but i do live in australia.

Anyway here she is. Pau/Pao Ferro fretboard, paddle headstock, 21 jumbo frets, maple neck. All up it cost me $300AUD, im still to figure out weather or not its worth all that money, but it certainly looks the part!! My only regret is that i didnt get the 24 fret option for an extra $37

2. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    ...and here she is put up against the body. the body (silky oak) will be a little more orange when its waxed. i apologise for the quality of these photos aswell, stupid flash :spit:

One question though, does anyone have a good shape for the headstock, because i seriosly have nothing :D

3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Whoa! Cool body style, I'd cut those little chunks away from around the neck pocket though. Taking some influence from Warrior in the body?

4. Pause

Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    yea, cut some. even if you did get the 24 fret, you'd have one hell of a time playing that high

5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    If you look, there is an outline cut out around those chunks. It looks like he is going to cut them, he just hasn't gotten around to it yet.

6. I really like that body shape...you did a very nice job!

About the headstock...the first shape that popped into my mind was a Gibson Flying "V" shape...I think that would kick @55!

7. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Bam! ;)

Flying V eh? Not a bad idea :D

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrads , best of luck with your project. :)