Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got my new power amp!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by learning_towalk, Apr 9, 2004.

1. arrived via UPS today...I got a Carvin DCM1500....this thing is a beast!!! it's 3 space, 35lbs (the only down side to it)

I've used dcm1000's before and loved em...can't wait to get my cabs to run through it!!!

2. Acepiloto

Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    Yup, I like mine. But yea, I don't like the fact that it's a 3 space, and the weight. I'm really gassin for a Stewie 1.2 or 1.6.

3. yah...Stewarts are AWESOME but the deal i got on this I couldn't pass up...it looks BRAND NEW and I got it for 275 shipped! and he threw in some brand new fender electro volt patch cables just for the heck of it!

4. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    Sorry, but I don't see the advantage in the 1500 over the 1000. You pay more for just a few extra watts and the thing is an extra rack space and almost 10 pounds heavier? Why not stick with the DCM1000? :meh:

5. because I got this practically new for 250 bucks...that's why I mostly got it...that and it had all of the options i was looking for in higher priced power amps (crest,stewart,qsc,crown)...so i can put up with the weight and extra rack space for the great deal i got!

6. When talking new Carvin amps, the Carvin DCM1500 is only a few dollars more then the DCM1000 ($60) and actually puts out quite a bit more power: 300w vs 225w @ 8 ohms per channel, 500w vs 350w @ 4 ohms per channel and 1500w vs 1000w bridged @ 4 ohms. Also, the new DCM1500's are 2 space units. It is heavier, so that's a downfall. I think the DCM1500 is quite a bargain at 419.99 new.

7. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I've had my DCM 2000 for i think around 4-6 months now. I know it isn't exactly the 1k or the 1500 but they're all close. The weight thing-it makes me glad to have a roller rack. :-D Glad you like yours. If i could got a practically brand new DCM 1500 for $250 or so-i'd jump on it even if it was just to have an extra power amp or if i got feeling really ambitious and strong-a rack case full of power amps to scare people with. That's all