1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I got my P-Bass back (video & pic included)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Steve Boisen, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Steve Boisen

Steve Boisen Your first second choice™ Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2003
    Tampa Bay, FL
    I just bought back my my 2004 American Series Fender Precision Bass that I sold over a year ago (which I soon regretted).:hyper: In celebration of this event I have made a new verison of an original piece I wrote for solo electric bass and posted on youtube (link below). This version has better audio so you can get an idea of how the bass sounds...although I'm sure everyone here knows what a Precision Bass sounds like.:)

BTW I usually post on the Double Bass side of TalkBass, but I wanted to share my joy with folks that would understand.

Bass solo - Fender Precision Bass

l_8da951ac71f5e844ede4abafabbd913e.

- Steve

2. Delta_Petra

Delta_Petra

Feb 26, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Good come back song.

3. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    That bass is sick and I like the solo

4. MMMMMMM Nice one!!! LOVE sunburst P & J's!!! Do U find U use the S1 switching much. I got a Am. Series JAzz & I use it about 30% of the time!

5. Steve Boisen

Dec 3, 2003
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Not really. It just lowers the output without affecting the tone very much. I think it was more useful on the Jazz Bass where the tone was noticeably different. They discontinued the S-1 switch on the the new American Seires basses that came out this year. The sunburst and olympic white basses now come with a tort pickguard. My bass came with a white one and I replaced it with a Fender '62 reissue pickguard and installed the thumbrest for that "vintage" look.

- Steve

6. ianm76

ianm76

Sep 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sounds great! What kind of amp are you using?

7. Very nice. P bass is so rich and round sounding. Great job!

8. akane2

akane2

Sep 28, 2008
    Why does everyone thing the Pbass' slap tone is so bad? What do you think?

9. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA

That's all I have to say about that.

10. Oric

Oric

Feb 19, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    P-basses have a nice chunky slap to them. And the wider string spacing makes it easier to slap, for me.

Nice solo, and nice tone.

11. KYJazzy

KYJazzy

Nov 10, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    Haaa wow - would you believe I searched youtube today just "Fender Precision" and stumbled upon your video by chance, watched it, loved it, commented on it, only to find out its a fellow TB member and here's the thread! Rock on dude. Awesome song, awesome bass.

12. Well I got a Reggire Hamilton Sig. which is a JAZZ bass, but w/ a P pup. & MY view on the P slap sound is - it's AWESOME!!!! Love it!!! As stated above- P bass sound= rich & round!!!!!! +11111111111

13. That guy could slap a cat and get a good sound out of it. He's a machine!

14. Steve Boisen

Dec 3, 2003
    Tampa Bay, FL
    No amp on this one. I'm playing though a SansAmp Acoustic DI into my Tascam DP-01 digital portastudio. The SanAmp is set with a mid-cut aroung 1k and the blend contol is at 75%. The bass is strung with Fender 9050L flatwounds and the S-1 switch is off. There's also a touch of reverb from the Tascam.

- Steve

15. markdavid

markdavid

Jun 29, 2007
    Congrats on getting the bass back , I love the laid back , relaxed vibe of your solo