Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got my Spector today!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by creeping_deth, May 6, 2002.

1. WOW!, today is the best day of my life (to date), I now am the owner of Czech-made Spector and my god it is the best bass I've ever played. It's the perfect fit for me. It's Amber stain,bolt on (not the Rebop)it's got EMG's with an active preamp and sounds like..ooooooh dude!,I just love it. A huge improvment from my MIM Jazz. I got it home and plugged it into my Ampeg and it sounded fantastic! I wish I had pictures to show ya'll, I'll get on that soon!...but thanks to everyone who passed on info to me while I was considering buyin' it, you helped me make the right desision,now I'm Spector for life!!

2. :confused:

I thought the only Czech bolt-on Spector available was the ReBop... Either way, Spectors are great basses!

3. No dude, this one was like the parent of Rebop, it was only released in parts Europe. This one some how made it over here to Canada, and I'm glad it did! WOOHOO!:D

4. Good for you! Enjoy the bass.

Pics???

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    It's fun when you find "the one".

Congrats.

6. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    New bass new pics man!! :p

Seriously though, congrats!

7. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    yeah, spector's just rock, i've got two. ever since i first picked mine up i was hooked, and haven't really played anything since. and to tell the truth, nothing i do works on other basses. these were just made for me.

8. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    glad that you're happy. must've gotten a pretty good deal.

when i bought my Czechtor 5 (new, read "expensive"), i had a serious case of buyer's remorse. i didn't even really want to look at it for a week. i even planned for a few days returning it...

in fact, i'm kinda having buyer's remorse right now...and still occasionally do...

great basses though. worth the money.

9. yea man,it was listed at 1200 cnd and I talked them down the 950 so I'm pretty happy with the deal. I'm the first owner too so that's good!

10. ahh! Well it would have been a sweet score even if it were a ReBop most likely!

I'm sure you'll continue to love that bass. I know I love my Spector!

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    CD...There is a rule about posting pics w/ a new bass thread. Faliure to comply makes you complete hoser, eh? ;):D

12. I have never heard a person actually say hoser.

Good choice for the bass.

Anyway...;)

Geoff

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Been saying it for years.

14. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Enjoy your Spector - I've got two so far and I expect that I'll get more !! They are just the most amazing basses for the money!