Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got my SVT-1540he cab...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gabu, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    ...I hope my guitarist doesn't feel inadequate. ;)

[​IMG]

2. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    Is that a peavey classic 30 between the headless bass and the tele? If so that is one sweet little amp. Oh and nice cab. I wish I had more space and money for gear.

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Who else on Tb uses these monsters?

4. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Yep! Its a sweet sounding amp. 30 tube amps into a 12" speaker. It's pretty affordable also at around $250 used.

5. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I use a Mesa with a 15 in the middle, and 4-10s surrounding it. Is the 4-10 sealed and the 15 ported? I think Wizard makes the same configuration.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Excellent!!!

That is nice! I bet you will no longer have any "volume issues". I hope to have a setup like that very soon. How are you powering that cab?

7. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I have heard of that! That is pretty amazing. I wonder what it does to the tone when you "blend" the 15 and the 10s? Hmm...

Also, you are right! The 10s are sealed and the 15 is ported, just as you surmised.

8. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I am using a Ampeg SVT400T. 400 watts bridged into 8 ohms.

I've never really had volume issues as my guitarists and drummer are all pretty good about controlling their volumes.

But this is louder than my other rigs and will help me to play some outdoors shows I am hoping for soon.

9. funny...

My bass teacher owns a peavy classic 50, the 2/12 version. EXACT same covering, looks identical. Oh, BTW, he's owned marshall stacks, mesa gear... everything imaginable for a guitarist, but his Classic 50 has been his main guitar amp for over 13 years.

As well, that little Roland is the exact same amp as my guitarist has. Well... now he has a Randall Warhead halfstack, but still has his old roland, with 8 4's is it?

nice cab! too big for my liking but i'm sure it sounds sexxy!

~Zentner

10. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

The Mesa comes with shelves ut all speakers share the same space. I however have frankensteined it and sealed off the 2-210 compartments and put an Eminence Kappa Pro 15 in it. I wanted the sealed "Ampeg 10s" effect with the ported 15 for throw. It is 4 ohms and I get the most out of my Mesa 400+ head.